Anyone using a ripcord arrow rest?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by thehairlessone!, Aug 8, 2007.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

These things have got me curious. I have been using a bisquit for years because they were so simple and because of the full containment aspect.

I stayed away from drop aways because they didnt really hold your arrows but the ripcord seems to do it all. The advantages of a drop away but you still get the full containment.

Anyone have any opinions?

rick

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've only heard good things about the Ripcord, but I've never tried one. Another one you might consider that's similar is the QAD Ultra-Rest. That's the one Crackers recommends.

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I use a ripcord to hunt with. I love the thing. I also used a biscuit, but switched to a ripcord so that I could hunt and shoot 3-d with the same rest. Since then, I've moved on to spring steels for 3-D, but I intend to put the ripcord back on to hunt with. It is a great rest and is very easy to set up and use....:peace:

4. thehairlessone!

Thanks guys. I love the full containment aspect but these look like the best of both worlds

rick

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I've been shooting a ripcord since hunting season and really like it. I am still going to switch back and hunt with my WB thought. Even with the ripcord the arrow moves around a little and makes a little noise.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I hunt and 3d w/ a biscuit...:p

the only complaint I ever heard about a ripcord was...
    A freind of mine had something break internally and the rest would go down slap the riser and make a horrible noise...it took half a 3d to figure out where it was coming from...

7. thehairlessone!

me too. I have been using them for at least 3 yrs. and never had a problem. I guess I am wondering is if there is really an advantage to using a drop away?

I know some people swear by them but I have always been leary of the moving parts,etc. I shoot really good most of the time with the bisquit so nothing is really broke.

rick

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You may pick up a few fps w/ the drop away...but speed was not an issue when I bought the rest...I don't think there is a more reliable hunting rest out there...and that's why I went w/ the Biscuit...I try to keep my hunting rig as simple as possible...

9. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

Ripcord! I love mine. I use it for hunting and 3d. I put a little felt on the launcher and it makes no noise.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

where gonna have to get you a ripcord for X-mas for the new bow.....:tape: :tape:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Easy now...one step at a time...:biggrin1:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you cant say no if it comes to your mailbox w/no return address:noidea:

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

since you put it that way...:noidea: