Apex 7 Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Hey All!

Just wanted to let you all know that the Apex 7 arrived today, so I went and picked her up! All the goodies from Obsession Archery come in the mail tomorrow, but I do have the bow and the rest right now.

One problem...I shoot the bow open handed to reduce any chance of torque...I don't have ANY fingers touching the backside (closest to target) at all, so when I shoot, the bow lunges forward...with nothing to limit/cause torque. I believe this is good technique, let me know if I am wrong. Now to the problem: with the Mathews rest...it is an overdraw rest, and it is lower than the actual grip of the A7...so when the bow lunges forward...the rest hits me in the back of the hand. I don't think it hinders the accuracy...but if I shoot it 30-60 times...I'm going to have a huge bruise there by the end of the night.

My question would be...do I get rid of the rest and get one that doesn't go below the grip and continue to have nothing touching the bow grip except my palm...or do I touch the bow with my index finger and middle finger to control the lunging action...but introduce the chance of torque into the equation?

Here are some pics! I absolutely LOVE the Lizard Green. I think I'm going to call her Lizzie. :rockon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my form with the new Apex 7 with 28"dl
    [​IMG]

Here is my form with the 29"dl Hoyt
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I get in from Obsession Archery:
    X7 Eclipse 2512's
    4" quickspins
    Viper 6X Scope
    Superpeep with #2 clarifier

I am ordering a Sureloc from them right now too...so hopefully that comes by Friday.

I'll keep you all posted! Enjoy the pics!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Bow looks awesome......

about that rest hitting your hand thing, my Prestige does that with the rest also, and I thought it would be a problem, but I dont even notice it at the end of the night......

3. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Hey, thanks Bunnyman...I'll keep the rest then...it isn't that big of a deal...like I said..I don't think it affects accuracy at all...it just hurts a little...but I'll just get used to it.

Just ordered up my Sureloc from Chris...so hopefully that comes before Friday. Then I'll post pics of the completed bow. Should be great! Shoots amazing without anything being set-up so far!

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

You are so screwed now, no excuses. Looks great.

5. sleepytrucker

sleepytrucker Junior Member

awesome bow makes me moist.:rockon: i've been wanting one for awhile but my conquest 4 will have to work for now.

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Because by then your hand is numb lol
    Shoot bowtech lol
    Just kidding, try to touch your thumb and index finger, or put your finger tips in the front of the riser.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  7. QSA

O yes nice bow there

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

MOIST??

Wow thats TMI!!:noidea:

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I am alittle afraid ta ask but what is tmi or should I just give it a rest

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

TMI=To Much Information:D :D :D

11. Holy Smokes

tkx yep sho is but tha color is kinda eltric

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Smokes I was speaking of Sleepy truckers Moist comment......:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Holy Smokes

yep he said tha bow was tha reason I love that color
    I have a Harley custom painted that gold green
    had a 73 rancho and couple of old firecats too

14. Big B

Big B New Member

I had a drop away on mine and switched to a TT spring steel.

15. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Does anybody think that the bow is too short for me? I was going between a 28.5 and a 28...chose the 28...but now I don't know if I'm bending my left arm too much...

Is it every really bad to have too much bend in your left arm? Is it worth trying to get the 28.5 cam in there?

16. QSA

are you going to shoot fingers? If you are going to use a release them take a photo when you have the release you are going to use.

17. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

What do you all think...too short? I will go to a Evolution Plus release in the next few months...but I will be using the stinger for right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. red44

red44 Senior Member

Pic #1 does'nt look to bad, but the release hand looks a little far back, can you reach that trigger? Is there about the same amount of bend in the bow arm in that first as in the last? If anything I'd say it's a smidge long. But it might be just the hand that looks far back. Might be OK if you can snug up on the release. If your going to be using a different release I'd wait untill you got it to try before I swapped out the cam.

19. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

By looking at the your pics it almost looks like to long of a draw length. Your release hand has no solid anchor point on your jaw.......but when you get your hand held release that might change (depends on how you grip the release) I would wait intil you get your hand held release before I made to many changes.