aquired a bow- need to know more >.<

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Neish, May 23, 2008.

1. Neish

Neish New Member

I got a bow from my dad sort of out of the blue, he bought it from my uncle. I'd like to know more about the model and if it's good for a woman. I think it's a Hoyt Eclipse, about 50 pounds of preasure, draw length 29, bowstring 56, aim cables 43 (reading the tag here hehe).

[​IMG]

I'm a huge noob at this but I'd really like to either keep it or know more about trading/selling it so I can get one more for a lady. Any advice on a model that be good for a girl?

Thanks a bunch :)

Neish

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Here is what I see wrong in your post:

Can you pull 50 pounds?? I am at 48 and have been shooting for a couple years, any more than that and I would get tired to quick. I have even been thinking about backing it down to 45.

Draw Length....unless you are very tall and have long arms 29" is way to long. I am 5'8" and my DL is 25.5"
    Measure your wingspan, finger tip to finger tip and divide by 2.5. This will get you close to what it should be.

Hope this helps....ask all the questions you need to know and :welcome:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...
    I don't know much about the Eclipse, but most of it will depend on your size...Does the tag say 50# peak or 50-60?
    If you can pull it back with out straining then you should be able to shoot it...
    Now the the draw length is 29" so that may be long unless you are in the 6' tall range...on some bows it is adjustable by a few inches, and like I said I am not familiar with yours.
    You may want to go to a shop and get measured for your draw length, a rough estimate is your wingspan divided by 2.5...that will get you in the ballpark.

keep us posted.:welcome:

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Yes if you hurry I have a Hoyt Rintec for sell here on 3D shootsin the for sale ads. It was my oldest girls bow.

5. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Sheesh Wheely. You must be ALL legs! Your height is usually about the same as your wingspan...and if that were the case you'd have the wingspan of someone 5'3" (based on your DL).

So, out of curiosity....what IS your wingspan and how close is your actual DL to the 2.5x rule?

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

7. zyxcountdown

zyxcountdown complete noob

the draw length is probably too much for you (unless you're Shaq) and fifty pounds could be a lot for a lady if they are new to archery

8. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I'm 5' 9" with a wingspan of 72". My draw length is 29". Does this make me a goon, or what?:D

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

knuckledragger......:tape: :lol:

10. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member