Archery Articles on 3DShoots.com

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We have nearly completed testing our archery articles system and are about ready to go live.

Many sites have sites have article systems, so this is nothing new. However, we want to get the best writers and archers producing articles for us. The question was how to do this.

To help get the article system off the ground we are going to provide something nobody else in the archery industry is doing. For every article submitted and approved, you will get PAID!. That's right.

Here's is how we will do it. You submit your article, we review and approve it. At this point we will assign you an Online Discount Coupon for use on our online store worth $5.00. You can submit as many articles as you like as long as they submissions follow our guidelines. You will get a $5.00 coupon for each approved article.

So what are we looking for? Everything archery related. Shooting techniques, shooting form, bow tuning, arrow tuning, tuning of specific bows, broadhead tuning, group tuning, etc.

Over the next day or so, I will post the link to the articles system and how you can get started.

Please let me know what you think about this idea.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Most excellent idea, to bad I am a terrible writer and dont know that much!!!!:rockon: :laugh:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Good idea Chris but I too am a terrible writer but would love to hear others articles. :peace:

4. mlviper35

mlviper35 Member

Product reviews can be part of this a article site?

matt

5. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

Great idea Chris!!! :rockon:

6. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

That is a great Idea.
    I consider myself a fairly good writer - trouble is I don't know jack about this
    sport!
    Look forward to some articles.
    How do you feel about plagerism?!

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Not allowed at all. Sorry. Must be your own material or reproduced with the owners permission.

8. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

Yesterday I sent this to Bowman:Bowtune, arrow tune, paper tune, timing adjustments, tiller, fiscmile, brace height, knock point, rest clearance, cam rollover timing, cable guard, front of the wall, back of the wall, peak valley, draw weight, arrow spine, balance, forward of center percentage, arrow oscillation, perimeter weighted cam, helical fletch, peep sight, anchor, feet per second, trajectory, kinetic energy, archers paradox.
    Got it from Ted Nugents site. Just a joke about the befuddling intricacies of archery.
    He , right-off got the idea to start a thread on bow terminology. Now if we all completed the list (if poss!) the next step is to simply elaborate on each term.
    I.E. draw length...........arrow spine..........draw stop tuning......... etc.
    Gives a writer parenthises within which to work.
    Bowman intimated to me that he had further plans for the original idea - just to make a list-I have feeling this is his idea:elaboration on the term!
    Now, I'm pretty mush of a beginner and went to the growing list & already found terms of which I've no clue as to the meaning.
    To make it short - the five bucks goes to the guy/gal with the most valueable? -description of the term. Or something like that. At least the list is a great beginning on what the heck to write about.
    I, for one, would like to know what ficimile is!
    Just a thought. Lefteye
    now I can sleep

9. acclungbuster01

acclungbuster01 Junior Member

I love this site, you guys and gals are always thinking.:rockon: :biggrin1:

10. Excellent - maybe I can write my way to a Evo Plus!:rockon: :rockon:

11. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

cool idea chris! I might even give it a try myself.

rick

12. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

Hey Chris, how about an online quiz with multiple choice answers? Maybe a weekly quiz. :noidea:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Cool Chris I've already got a few in mind...

"How to know if you have been gifted by the ability to hold your bow in the RIGHT hand"

(aka How to determine your eye dominance before picking up a bow)

"Safety Gear and You... a guide to not losing an eye when shooting a Bowtech"

(aka How to check your equipment for safe usage)

"How to correctly wax your cables, and why I don't do it"

(aka proper maintenance of your bow)

"Why your bow is slower then mine and why you may as well get used to it"

(aka "Why am I not getting the IBO advertised speed")

"Why all the cool kids use single pins for hunting"

(aka What are the pros and cons of various site models)

"How to be Jay Are on his own course"

(aka "Jay Are can't shoot!")

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007