Archery, How To... The Rules

Discussion in 'Archery, How To Section' started by Chris, May 19, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, it has been requested for a while that we bring a How-to section. Well, here it is.

A "How To" article can cover any number of topics. Everything from tying a loop, to arrow building, bow tuning, how to shoot a back tension. It can be pretty much anything as long as it is archery related.

If you have a "How to" post, go ahead and start a thread. It will get reviewed by the moderators and then approved. So don't expect it to appear immediately. If you need us to quickly approve your thread, send a PM.

Others will be able to post and ask questions of your "How to" article. However, thread like "How do I do xyz" should not be posted in this section, put those in the general section. If you have question on one of the How to articles, please post on that thread and ask you questions.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Nice!!

can we use someone elses info as long as we give that person the credit??:noidea:

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Yes Bman....you can use everything I taught you......:wave:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron

5. Chris

As long as you have permission and are not violating any copyrights.

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Thanks, I will start working on some soon

7. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Time for a nice enticing give away for best How To article to get people in "the know" sharing their words (and pictures, hopefully) of wisdom?

8. Chris

I was asked many times to create this section but I've got no volunteers submitting articles. I'll try to start working on some.

9. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

I was wondering about that Chris...

too bad I'm not smart enough describe how to do anything...

I could do one for making a PP&J samich...

:noidea:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NO THANKS..........:tape:

11. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Don't get me wrong...it's a REALLY good idea to have the section and I'm glad you've added it!

I'd be happy to add items, but I'd be copying stuff from other people here (for the most part) to do it. Maybe a search through some of the prior "how do I" questions can get things started (in addition to you sharing your wealth of knowledge, Chris!).

I'd personally like to see some "dumbed down" how to items for fairly frequent stuff like:
    • Checking tuning cams
    • Maintaining equipment (i.e. what should I do & how often?)
    • Fletching by numbers
    • RE-fletching (i.e. cleaning off the crap and applying fletches that'll stick)
    • Fine tuning DL (by twisting the string and such)
    • Tying in a peep (different ways to do it, which is best?)
    • Sighting in your bow (setting sights & arrow rest)
    • Adjusting for windage &/or elevation
    • Adjusting a mechanical release
    • How to make a friction target for your back yard
    • How to make a draw board
    • How to "group tune" (i.e. adjust form or bow setup based on shot groups)
    • Putting together a basic field repair kit for your bow (i.e. what goes in and what you need it for)
    • How to cost yourself a lot of money and destroy a bow (i.e. what people often do...that you shouldn't do)
    Hrm...just some ideas. For items where there may be a dozen different types/variations (e.g. adjusting a release) then several people could contribute for their type of release.

If things don't seem to take off once you get the ball rolling, Chris, I'll resort to some creative plagirism of the references I use to help me out.

12. Teeraderbunny

Teeraderbunny New Member

Archery How To The Rules

All I know is... I love archery It is so much fun

I would have thought the Mongols would have been mentioned. Great article though. Thanks

13. TorbbraikegoT

TorbbraikegoT New Member

Archery How To The Rules

Hey Shawn that was one of the best, if not the best tutorials on archery set up, that I have seen any where Especially serving the peep, watching how to tie the D loop and serve the peep will help so many people save money, and hopefully be able to help folks fix there gear in the field .

Great job and great camera work ....very professional. I give it a 10