Archery is over in PA

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Liv2Bowhunt, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

Archery season is over in PA, with exeption to Late season in January. On a lighter note there is only 163 days 11 hours and 21 minutes until the first gobble of Spring gobbler season. give or take a few minutes depending on the weather. I know, I have issues

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Not for me:D

We hunt 2B I have till the Sat. after Thanksgiving.

It is so hard to have to keep on hunting, but I guess I will have to push on through for the next week and 2 days.:laugh:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

We're done tomorrow then late season starts on 12/15 or something like that...

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Wow, our season in IL goes until I believe January 14th this season.
    We just cannot hunt during shotgun which is this friday, saturday and sunday and the 4 day weekend following thanksgving... All other days until mid January we are out for meat...

Ron

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

WoW!

In Virginia we can use a bow the entire Hunting season from Oct to January if we wish.
    Our bow season ends tomarrow and our regular hunting season comes in sat.
    But we can use Firearms,blackpowder,X-bows and Bows in the general season.
    So which states has to put down there bow in gun season?:noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we can hunt w/any legal hunting implement in the regular hunting season.......

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

taday is tha last of tha true B huntin' in tn :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:
    I can still use my bow through out tha rest of any season here. If i wantta wear orange

8. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

You can still bow hunt for doe until 11/24 in PA. Then if you choose you can bow hunt in the gun seasons but you must wear orange. There is a late season for buck in January as well.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

"you must wear orange"

is this to and from the stand or even when you sitting on stand??

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

During the firearm season you must wear it at all times.

11. pullinair

pullinair Junior Member

In what county can you hunt "doe only" in till the 24th? I have never heard this one. I was under the impression that early bow season ended on the 11/10 regardless if you are a doe tag holder or not.

Tim

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

whats there reasoning for that??:noidea:

13. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

So you don't get shot at dude. The law is the same here too..

14. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

In the special regulation areas 5c etc....this is the first year they have provided this.

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah I dont know about that, if I am up in a tree of ground blind and someone starts shooting at me......even w/out orange....i am shooting back and trust me, I am shooting w/intent at that point!!!:frusty:

16. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yea. Im in 5c but i wont be able to hunt! Im out of doe tags and my 16th B day is this monday !!!

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Welcome to the land of 1,000,000 hunters. This year I think they are down to something like 975,000 though. When people say there is a hunter behind every tree, they aren't kidding.

Trespassing, poaching, illegal kills, poor shot placement, poor tracking, illegal deer kills... this is what PA thrives on! Hooray for the army of Orange!

I'll be out with my bow in tight to the houses so the rifle hunters can't bother me... assuming they are going to respect the law. We'll see how many dogs, people, houses, cars, tractors, mailboxes, trees, windows... etc get shot out opening week. Around here it is always in the double digits. They don't even report it anymore unless something or someone dies or a felony is committed