Archery Software

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Radar, May 26, 2008.

1. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I am in the market for some archery software and I was wondering which software you guys and gals use (On Target, Archers Advantage) or if there are others. How you like it and why you chose that brand.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use On-Target and I'm very happy with it.

Ron

3. MickeyBee

MickeyBee New Member

I agree. Very nice.

4. BuddaBelly

BuddaBelly New Member

I have both. I prefer On Target2.
    I purchased AA today and I am NOT impressed with it at all, and it's more $$. I stumbled around for a while and gave up.:frusty: The idea of being able to export to a spreadsheet is what got me to looking. I found no trial version for it though, so purchased it.

Download the trial version of OnTarget and check it out. I think the spine selection is a bit touchy, but gives good results.
    Good luck.
    Ron

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Ron, are you running it on Vista or XP? I am having a problem getting it to install on my new Vista machine and am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

It installs, but there is no program to run other than the un-install. I know I am a computer mind-midget, and may well be doing something wrong, but when I installed it on my old XP machine all I had to do was run the program. Any ideas anybody?

6. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Been happy w/ OT2. Since I'm not big on reading instructions :doh: it took a little playing w/ it to fully understand all the benefits that it has. I play w/ it all the time.

Javi uses it, that was good enough for me.

7. Allen

Allen Senior Member

Both are good, but OT2 is a little more intuitive to use.

With OT2, you can print onto Avery labels. With AA you have to print onto regular paper then use double sided tape to attach to your sight.

You definitely won't get the same spine recommendations from the two. I think that OT2 is a little better since you can program more variables.

When you have chronograph data on your setup, both are more cumbersome than TAP.

My preference is OT2. It's the one that I use most often.

8. pred8er

Anybody?:noidea: Need some help here!:amen:

9. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

i have used TAP an ontarget2. both work fine.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use XP currently.
    I have not heard of issues with Vista and On Target 2 but you never know.
    I'd call Pinwheel Software if you have an issue. Their support is really good.

Ron

11. JAVI

JAVI New Member

give me a call and I'll walk you through it.

12. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Javi the man

Always here to help.
    DB

13. pred8er

Thanks Javi, :hug: I'll try to get ahold of you tonight after I get home from work.

14. pred8er

Thank you very much for your time and effort! Its great that archers are willing to go out of their way to help others!:thumb: