Are my strings supposed to be this noisy???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by chelleo, Apr 26, 2007.

1. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Ok my new baby sounds like I'm plucking the strings when I shoot but I'm not plucking. Someone said that Fast FLight strings make noise...is that really the case? My hubby's UltraTEc was a quiet as a mouse and that was me shooting it not him. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh and please no you shoulda got a XXX bow. I just need some good info I'm tired and cranky hehe...

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if you had just gotten a XXX bow....it would have been quieter.....

On a serious note....you dont hunt right???? then why would you worry about how loud it is??? Are you afraid the paper is going to jump the string???:doh: :laugh:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

i'll never forgit tha first solo I heard shot reminded me of a gitaur string. Kindly had a twang. Is this tha sound it is making?

4. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Member

Sounds likes a job for "STS Man!!!" :laugh:

I put an STS on my bow and it was unbelievable how much it deadened (is that a word? LOL) any sound.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am firm beleiver in STS.....it works, for more than just noise...:rockon:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I agree totally an STS will help tremendously. A wise man once talked me into getting one for my XT and I argued about why I should buy a $40 piece of equipment to quiet my $627 bow but I for one am a believer now. Thank you WISE MAN.:peace:

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I never even heard my Alpine make a little noise, but the XT...I can hear it. The guys all tell me the XT is so quiet, I do know that it is Me not the bow. When the shot feels good and everything is right, it doesn't make any noise. When I make the slightest bad release...it twangs in my ear.:noidea:

8. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I talked to Hoyt this morning and Pete told me that the target bows are alot noisier than the others. I was worried because my hubby's UltraTec is so quiet and this one does that twangy thing. Someone told me maybe a heavier stabilizer but if it's normal I'm not gonna worry about it. Yes Bowman the targets will jump out at me sheesh..you know I have to sneak up on them dang it.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

first I would like to point out that I am the WISE MAN:rockon: :rockon:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

second I would like to point out that if you were a hunter you would understand what it means when i say jump the string.....

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Now wait Chris was involved in the conversation also.:noidea:

12. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

That is totally up for argument.

chelleo,

Why not just try a couple String Leeches. Are there any on your string now?

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wise guy:noidea: :noidea:

14. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Yes I have String Shocks on them http://www.fusearchery.com/strings/

I guess it's just normal that target bows from these guys are pretty noisy and I guess I don't understand you Bowman, bout jumpin the string. Please enlighten this poor target shooter.

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

for years it was said that when a deer bolted from hearing the bow and did that drop they do to push off, that the deer jumped the string.....thats all I ment......:noidea:

16. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

chelleo,

Deer aren't the only things that jump the string. Targets do, too. Don't believe me? They move all over the place trying to outsmart the arrow. Just aim the bow and see.

17. Tyson-legolas

Tyson-legolas Junior Member

my string brock

bluddy strings cant go any were

seen a bluddy big pig the outher day at least 3in tusks:doh:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  18. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Ok update on the noisy strings. Seems the strings were behaving much better tonight. I actually ended up increasing my Draw Length one notch. I can actually see thru the peep much better too...Of course I'm still messing with my sight settings too but I'm getting there. I actually have pics now of the bow da duh dahhhhh.....putting up new thread LOL.

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wow what??:biggrin1:

20. BowhuntnHoosier

:noidea: :noidea: I'm lost. But I think he may be English.:noidea: