Are string tamers worth adding?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by J.Blay, Mar 4, 2008.

1. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Has anyone added an aftremarket string dampener to an older bow? I have a hoyt ultramag. Many of the new bows come with these. I love gagetry but I also hate wasting my money.I'm considering the saunders buzz off cable slide/silencer, and the sts string tamer. Any experience or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.

2. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

Here is what you do............

Look man here is what you do........Go out and buy the old fashion cat wiskers and install a STS and YOU want even be able to hear your shot!! All you will hear is the arrow hitting the target!! Best set up any body could have on their bow to hunt w/!!!!!

:peace: :peace:

3. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

I have a 2003 PSE Baby G Force Infinity. Just installed a "Deadly Quiet" string silencer made by Saunders on it. It took the twang out of the string for me and served a second purpose. The brace and string on my bow are very close and the string would slap my wrist on release, the silencer stops the string from doing that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

I have the Dura Vane string tamers and the CSS Shock stoppers on my Bows and I am here to tell you they remove all vibration and hand shock your Bow will produce not to mention makes a the bow more repeatable. I shoot my second 3-D of the year this weekend and shoot 17 12's out of 30 targets. I was amazed. The shoots that I was normally around the 12 were in the 12 that day. IMHO they are worth every penny.

5. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Add the string tamers. You will love your bow again. It changes the way they feel when you shoot. It's like gettin a new bow. Try it I don't think you will be disappointed....

Remember string tamers like the STS should be tuned to the bow you are using.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

A bow without a suppresser is not complete..........its like cake without frosting, or a beach with out water....:noidea:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's deep wabbit...:cool:

But he's right

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

or dinner without dessert.......or slippy without wind......:noidea:

9. danblacksher

danblacksher New Member

This is my set up except I have a bow rattler instead of an sts. Hoyt1986 is correct that this is the best set up I have found for being silent but deadly.:laugh: I made myself laugh. I may grow old, but I will resist growing up.:p :peace:

10. kingshooter

kingshooter New Member

would shoot my bow without one. Tremendous decrease in vibration and sound. Bulky hunting clothes no longer a string slapping problem

11. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Thanks so much for the input. I have every vibration dampening device I could add without being redundant. The only noise my bow still makes is a slight string buzz. The experience shared here relieved any doubt I had. I ordered the saunders Buzz off cable slide/silencer. If anyone would like to see it, go to saunders archery web page, click on Deadly Quiet and scroll down to the Buzz off model. The dampener is mounted on the roller cable slide. I'll post my evaluation of the product soon. Thanks again, everyone.

12. deb

deb New Member

string stops

What is easier to install and still does a great job...the STS or the Deadly Quiet by saunders????