Arrow consumption rate?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dooby, May 2, 2008.

1. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

So, how fast do you go through arrows when you're shooting 3D, field, etc....whatever you shoot?

In other words, do you buy about a dozen a month....every 6 months...or are you still using the same dozen you bought with your bow in 1996? :biggrin1:

In case you missed it...I'm going stir crazy waiting for my bow, already. Shooting the club recurves is getting sorta old (especially since their arrows are about 2" short for my DL....so I shoot wonky).

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I probably buy a half dozen maybe a dozen each year. I just bought a dozen fatboys and recked one while sighting them in. I hit something hard in the belly of the glendel buck. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

3. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Everytime you buy a dozen you have to send one to the arrow gods :frusty:

4. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

I've had the same dozen Easton Axis that I use for hunting for 3 years now.:peace: I've had a dozen Lightspeeds(for 3-D) for over a year. Its amazing how long they last when you don't miss.:D

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

YOU DON NOT EVEN WANT TO GO THERE ABOUT aRROW BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :hug:

In hunting season, I go through a dozen arrows a week.

6. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Yea, they should be sold in a baker's dozen so you still HAVE a dozen after the initial sacrifice. :)

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

If you are shooting with really good shots
    keep em out of the 12 ring
    or they will git busted
    lost 2 last week
    and Drew let em come in closer before you drop tha hammer on em

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've still got a few from 1979. Tru-flites.......:biggrin1:

9. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Ya. Them 40 yarders gotta stop. See what happened when i let that one last year on the last day, get 20 yrds. He got the pipe threw him and ran 20 yards.

10. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Ya know you can go pick 'em up when after you've shot right?:lol:

11. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

dozen or so a year

12. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Half doz a year?

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It depends on how much you shoot and what kind of shot you are...:biggrin1:
    My 3D arrows get changed out every year just because of the amount of shots on them...but my hunting arrows, maybe a half dozen every few years or so..

14. pred8er

I TRY not to buy more than a dozen in a year. That's a dozen hunting shafts and a dozen target. More than that can get a little spendy.:frusty:

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

2 dozen a year is alittle spendy already...:Cry: :Cry:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I used to shoot the same dozen 2219's for several years. Now I try to buy a new dozen every year or so.

17. Radar

Radar Story of my life

This thread made me realize that I am on year 2 with my fatboys (9 Left) And I think this last hunting season was year 2 for my Axia fmj's ( Have all 12).........I am proud of myself.....Even though 2 of the FMJ's have a crease in them, still got em

18. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

a dozen arrows is spendy even mine are like $120 a dozen and the shop i buy them said they went up $2 an arrow so...

19. pred8er

Depending on how I'm shooting, I don't have to buy fat shafts once ayear. Shoot poorly.....buy arrows, shoot TOO good and buy arrows. Need to find a happy medium or buy more targets:noidea:

20. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have a lot of misc. arrows. I buy new arrows all the time cuz the guys like to help me get more speed :peace:(but I usually get a good deal)

I currently have 2 dozen arrows just cuz one dz shoots a little faster. (hmmmm...maybe I should sell some?)

When I get TOO much help from a shop owner, I probly buy 2 dozen a year. But I don't lose any :doh: