Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Archery, How To Section' started by QSA, Aug 14, 2008.
Well I told you I would do this for you all. Help keep the art of cresting alive.
1. These are the supplys you need to crest arrows the fast way. You can build a motor or use a cordless drill to turn the arrow and a short 4 inch 2X4 with a V notch cut in it to stabilize the arrow.
But these are the tools I have.
2. I use painters tape. It makes clean lines and comes off easy.
3. Bohning cresting motor and stabilizer
4. White spray Lacquer (Ace Hardware) pints and quarts of paint are hard to come buy. To crest the right way you use a dipping tube.
But done right spraying is just as good.
5. I found that hobby shops have Lacquer spray for model cars.
6. These are the colors I hace found around my area.
7. For lines I use model master lacquer also at the hobby shop.
8. These are the colors I have now.
9. Here are my brushes. I got 2 sets from Hobby Lobby. Look in the art supplys for good brushs.
10. And last my cleaning supplys, vane stripers, Acetone for cleaning glue off. Also wipes off any oil on them. You need a clean surface for the paint to stick to.
11. You know those arrow holders in the arrow box you always trash. Now you need them to put you arrows in after you spray them to dry. They are free and work.
12. Here is a box of arrows I striped just to crest for you.
13. There all kinds of way to tape straight.
14. These are taped and ready to spray
15. How far you tape them down is up to you.
16. Here is one way to make sure you tape them the same.
17. You can also line them all up and mark the with a straight edge.
18. These are just sprayed white for a base crest color.
19 These are white base with a green Bottom fade.