Arrow Fletching

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Onyx Z, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

I got my Gold Tips in a few days ago and as I was fletching them, I noticed glue was oozing out from under the vanes, which didn't happen with my aluminum arrows and super glue. I'm now using Bohning Fletch-tite.

CLICK HERE

I didn't think I put all that much glue on them, but apparently I did. Then I tried to put a smaller bead on the vanes and they just peeled right off. I thought about cutting off the part that oozed out once they dried but I dunno. Am I doing something wrong or should I even worry about it?

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

What I do is put a drop on each end and one in the middle of the vein then rub it along the vein. Putting the glue along the whole length is too much. My veins never fall off.

3. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I have found that it takes a few screw ups to get it right. I would not cut off the excess!!! You may cut the fibers on the arrow and that wont be good.

4. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I usally take a Q-tip and run it down the vane after I apply the glue to ensure that it is applied to the vane evenly.

And if any ozzes out on the side, I take the corner of a papaer towel and swipe the sides while it is still wet.

5. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I clean any excess glue off with a Q-tip once I've set the vane:cool:

Dan

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep just take a q-tip and clean it up. :peace:

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Why!

I just run my finger down the side of the vane and wipe the excess on my pants!
    My wife loves washin my clothes!:lol:

8. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

thanks for the help! ill have to try some of these things tomorrow.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

ya might try cleaning tha shafts and bottom of vanes with denatured alcohol

10. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

i definitely do that, i clean everything (even non-bow related stuff) w/ alcohol before gluing.