Arrow making

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by piethon, Jul 20, 2007.

1. piethon

piethon Member

I've always wanted to make my own arrows, and thought maybe I would start by doing my own fletching, and maybe some wraps. What do you guys think about the Arizona E-Z Fletch?

2. piethon

piethon Member

Sorry I also forgot to ask what helical should I use? I use a drop-away. I think the arrows I have now are straight, or maybe 1 degree?

3. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I use an ezfletch and really like it. I have also used the bitzenburger,etc. and personally i like the ezfletch better.

It is very easy to and it is fun also.

I would also use a helical for sure. I used to use straight and went to a helical and I have noticed a huge difference in accuracy with the helical.

rick

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

I use the ez fletcher too. Great fletcher and a real time saver. :rockon:

Since you use a drop, use the helical. Personally, I use the right helical to keep my points from getting loose.

Good luck. This is only the beginning. :D

5. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Yeah! What Doc Said. I love mine. It's easy to use and very economical. You will enjoy it once you get started.

6. piethon

piethon Member

yeah I can for see this only being the beginning. Eventually I would like to get an arrow saw and start making them from scratch!! Archery is an addiction. :amen:

7. piethon

piethon Member

So the Arizona E-Z Fletch with 6 degree right helical and blazer vanes should work fine? Oh yeah and what type of glue to you guys use?

8. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I don't think you'll make it go 6deg because the arrows might not be that big around. What I do is put a vane in the clamp them see how far I can get it to offset. I stop when it goes off the arrow then back up to where it's completely on. I use the Bitzenberger and I like it alot. I have been using Goat Tuff glue and it works fine. The secret is not putting too much on. I usually have the arrows cut for me not worth spending all that money for an arrow saw for something that only costs like a $1 or 2 to get done.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  9. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I have the EZ fletcher and it is easy and quick. I can do a dozen arrows in a little over a half and hour.

10. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

that's what I use. Works great. I also use flex fletch glue but I am sure there are some other good ones.

rick

11. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

What kind of fletches should one use for hunting/3d?

I have seen lots of those dinkie ones with like 1" sq surface area...
    But I shoot those huge 3 inch LONg ones

12. piethon

piethon Member

have any of you tried the Bohning Tower Fletching Jig?

13. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

I just the E-Z Fletch "Carbon w/helical" the blue one, I glue the Blazers on with the Fletch-tite Platinum glue. Just make sure the arrow shafts are good and clean. I like to use wraps, to make refletching easier.

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha!

I saw them arrows before somewhere!:laugh:
    HA, Joe

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

them are some sweet arrows there JOE P......they do look familier....:laugh:

16. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

I need to do some arrows soon. I just got some new wraps and need to get some Blazers for my GT arrows.

17. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Here is one thing you have to ask your self. And if you are like me. Then am I going to be happy with it. I like having total control of where and what angle I set the vanes. So I got a Grayling with a indexer for the shaft holder. If you will be happy with a fixed jig then go for it. But if you will want more later then it is a waste of money.

18. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Here is a link to a how to for novice on fleching with a grayling jig.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=492020

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice lookin arrows there Joe.:rockon:

20. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

Thanks for the link!