arrow rest bolt came loose......

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by southern_rebel, Jun 12, 2008.

1. southern_rebel

southern_rebel New Member

i was wondering about how to make sure my arrow rest is in the correct position. the bolt came loose and it tilted a little. i just want to be sure i set it back right. i made sure the mounting bracket was level before i tightened it all back up. i have the rip cord rest on a dxt. thanx in advance for the advice.

2. steve bear

steve bear Member

after you get it all set,take a sharpe &run a line along top of rest (on the bow) then you can tell if it moves at a glance.

3. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Nock an arrow, and it sould be in the center of the rest hole,(the bottom of the arrow) with the rest in the up position. And with the mathews bows as far as center your arrow should line up with the strip in the middle of the wood grip. this is a good place to start. If your rest is set to this, shoot it and see if it shoots like before. If not try a paper tune, then a walk back tune.

4. southern_rebel

southern_rebel New Member

took my bow to the local archery shop today. they checked it out for me and with no adjustments made was shooting bullet hole thru the paper. while i was there had some of the micro fleece added to the shelf. lets see how i do when the time comes. right now i'm shooting about 8" groups from 40yrds & about 4.5" @ 30yrds. i figure thats not to bad considering i've only been shooting since first of march.

5. the contractor

the contractor New Member

some great rest and sight tuning tips in the how to section!pics and everything. super hi-tech!really it is a good section to check out ....really...

6. red man

red man New Member

a little trick when you put you screw back in put sum bow string wax on it. it acts like a locker and it wont let it back out give it a try it works for me :biggrin1: