Arrow Rest Choice

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Slice, Jun 19, 2008.

Which Arrow Rest

Poll closed Jun 24, 2008.
  1. Limb Driver

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. QAD

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Whisker Bisket

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I just purchased an Elite Synergy bow and was debating which rest to put on it. Here are some of the options I am thinking about. Your honest input would be appreciated.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

of the ones you posted, the QAD, would be my choice, without knowing what the use for the bow would be.......

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm staying out of this one....

I can't vote since all I've used in your voting list is a WB, which I rejected years ago.... Limb Drivers seem to get very good praise, as well as QAD, as well as the Drop Zone. However, I'm a 'keep it simple stupid' kind of guy and the drop zone seems to have too many moving parts and too many grooves and channels that snow and cr*p can get into.....

Based on what I read and common sense on my own part I would not consider a drop zone.....

Ron

4. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

This bow is going to be my backup hunting bow and maybe 3d.

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I voted Limb Driver... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

6. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I put the limb driver out here because most of the people I know that shoot an elite has one on it. I have never used one, but willing to give it a try if I hear enough good things about it.

7. bullfiddle

There a pretty good rest... I don't have one but a couple of the guys I shoot with use em and they like em... Check your PM's Buddy...:wave: :wave: :wave:

8. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I'm fine with one of the others for 3D but if it's going hunting I won't use anything else but a WB.

9. arrow rest

NONE of the above. Alpine Whisperflite Master. Dual ballbearings on the shaft, you don't need an arrow holder, quiet and about half the price of what you have listed.
    Charlie

10. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Thanks I will have to look at one, I have never seen this rest or heard anything about it.

11. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I tried a few rest out and ended up with a ripcord...

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have switched to Limb Drivers on all my binary bows. I never really liked hooking anything to a cable, and this rest eliminates that. The rest stays up for at least 1/2 of the arrow flight out of the bow. They are really easy to set up. They are probably the best selling item in the shop right now.

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Bodoodle..............:peace: :peace:

14. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I the one I would suggest is not listed, out of the ones listed the TT or the WB, but that would depend on the use of the bow.

15. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I'd like to try a QAD for hunting.....

i use a smartrest by NAP.. i love it.

16. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I had a QAD on my Diamond Liberty that I sold last month. I don't know if I didn't like the rest or because I didn't like the bow.

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I had a Bodoodle long ago. They went belly up and then fairly recently re-started again. I don't know how the products are now but they were really good then...

No drop-aways though...

Ron

18. bullfiddle

They have the doodle drop now Ron... A guy by the name of Blain bought dodoodle and they are headquartered in Kentucky now I believe...:rockon:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Of the ones you mentioned I voted WB. But would suggest the Ripcord.:peace:

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Cool, they used to make some good stuff. I had a trophy light pro or something like that. It had a spring loaded hinge that held the launcher prongs and the backward force of the shot would drop the prongs a bit and gain fletch clearance. It also had an awsome semi-containment frame that was great. Unless you were trying to shoot upside down that rest was the ticket.

Ron