arrow selection

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Bryan227, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Bryan227

Bryan227 Junior Member

What would the best arrow selection for pulling 60 # and shooting 3-D going with the lightest weight?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Arrows

Bryan :welcome:

Easton lightspeed 500 are 6.5gr per inch
    Easton lightspeed 400 are 7.4gr per inch
    Easton Fatboy 500 are 7.1gr per inch
    Easton Fatboy 400 are 7.8gr per inch
    Radial X-Weave Pro 100 are 6.6gr per inch
    Radial X-Weave Pro 200 are 7.5gr per inch

All are great shafts just make sure you stay above the minimum of 5gr per pound.:rockon: Good luck my friend with whatever you decide.:peace:

3. Grego

Grego Junior Member

Gold tip ultra light pro....

4. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

3D Rig

well - what kind of bow do you shoot, what's your draw length, are you sure your pulling 60lbs? What are you looking to spend on arrows, or are you looking for the best you can get? How long do you want the total arrow length to be? What weight points/blades will you be using? I would recommend at least 6 grns per inch, I've seen some nasty things at 5. Does it matter vanes vs. feathers? Fingers or Release? Overdraw? Do you want to stick to any peticular brand like Easton or GoldTip? Everything helps.

5. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Some Bows like certain arrows.

What are you shooting,what cams?

6. AZarcher

AZarcher Junior Member

try the carbon tech cheetahs 400 , my arrows are 28 inchs long with 100 grain points total weight with vanes and g nocks 330 grains

7. Bryan227

Bryan227 Junior Member

I shoot the bowtech Patriot VFT 60 # pull on a 26'' draw with a T.M. Hunter rest As far as what to spend on arrows i am just looking for arrow that is reliable and with great speed but not to light to dry fire the bow Thanks for the help

8. Bryan227

Bryan227 Junior Member

I also use the 3.125 quick spins with 80 grain nips for point

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

CX Linejammers with 1&1/8" quickspins 100gr tips, w/nock outsert rings and beiter nocks.....323gr.....:biggrin1:

Just a question, I know you said for 3-d but are you also trying to use them for hunting?