Arrow Shafts

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by general, Jun 5, 2008.

1. general

general New Member

In your opinion, what is the best shaft out today? And, why you think its the best.

2. general

general New Member

I should have specified that I was referring to hunting shafts.

3. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

This is another one of those opinion topics, there are plenty of good ones. I took one last year with an ST Epic - total weight 426gr. I'm going out this fall with Victory's @ 312gr. I have no doubt it will do about as well. If one was hunting larger game I would prefer a heavier arrow, but for whitetail - it just isn't a big deal. I'm using the Victory's to get some speed for 3D and don't feel like changing my sights for a different arrow for hunting after shooting them all summer. I won't shoot one past 35yds period and then I better have a real good look, I much prefer 30 and in so KE loss is not an issue for me.

4. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

ACC's. Super tough arrow, small diameter for good penitration and a good gpi for hunting.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hard to beat the CX Maxima for a do all hunting arrow. Strong, light, and smoking good looks......:peace:

6. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Couldn't have said it any better!! :peace:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Just like anything else....lot of different ideas. I for one like the X-Weaves. They are very tuff, accurate,and priced right.:peace:

8. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Blackhawk vapors 8.3 gpi .018 straightest about $60 dozen

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think you meant .0018 straightness.......:noidea:

10. TEN RING

:
    Yep :doh: :doh: :doh:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

.018 wouldnt be a selling point.......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

12. TEN RING

Having one of those days :laugh:

13. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

I'll stick to my plain jane GT's, thank you. :cool: I have found that I cant shoot the difference between .003 and .001 straightness to justify the cost difference.:noidea:

14. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Terminator Lt. select by carbon express. 60- 75.00 per doz depending on how you shop. They seem to shoot and group just as well as maxima's and re-fletch easier without the fancy coating. I practice with the same arrows I hunt with. I've never had a deer notice my arrows with flouresent blazer vanes and no camo paint untill it's too late, anyway.