Arrow Speed

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OKbowhunter, Jul 27, 2007.

1. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Member

Chrono'ed my Switchback and the average arrow speed was 276 fps.

Now, my bow is set up for hunting. I don't shoot 3D or competitions. I just bow hunt.

My set up is: 68 lbs and 29.5" draw, Bowjax on the string, and cables, D-loop, tied on nocks, hooded Super Ball Peep, WB rest, and 28" Gold Tip Pro Hunter arrow fletched with three 2" blazer vanes, and 100 grn broadhead.

The only chrono I have is the Radarchron (the kind you screw into the front stabilizer hole) I know it's not the best and not sure how accurate it is, but that's all I have.

Is 276 fps about right, is it good, bad, or should I be getting more out of my set-up?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

05 Switchback
    peep
    string loop
    (nothing else on the string)
    64lbs
    27"DL
    28 inch Maxima 250
    330g arrow

255fps

so it sounds about right to me

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

My hunting set up is about the same as yours on my switchback. It crono's at 281 so you are in the range.

Mo.Hick

4. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Member

So, do all of you consider the Radarchron to be some what accurate?

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

never used one....

but I find my Prochrono to be pretty good....they wouldnt sell to many if they were junk..

6. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Member

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting the Pro Chrono or Pro Chrono Pal. Does it run on batteries and is it worth getting the indoor lighting system or will a well lit room be good enough?

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Your speed sounds about right to me. Plenty fast enough to kill a nice deer this year.:biggrin1:

My XT set at 72# 29" Catwhiskers,String loop,WB and shooting a 390gr arrow is the same 276fps.