Arrow suggestions

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by dubnvento, Feb 14, 2008.

1. dubnvento

dubnvento New Member

Need some suggestions on arrows. I have a bear element 30 inch draw and 65 lbs draw weight. I've been told that 31 inch easton excel st 300 would be great but want to hear other ideas. Using them for hunting mostly and practice shooting with field tips proably 100 grain.

2. HCAman

HCAman New Member

According to TAP, you need any arrow in the .300 to .325 spine range using 31 inch shafts and 100 grn screw in points with your bow at 65lbs. It all depends on what kinda arrow weight you are looking for. I wish I could paste the info TAP is giving me, but I can't get it to copy.

Although, it looks like the Carbon Express, CX Hunter 400 is closest to the sweet spot for spine with a .305 and 310 grains of shaft weight alone. If you looking for something with a little less mass.

Try the Carbon Express, CX 400 or CX Select 400 with .319 spine and 275 grains of shaft weight.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008

3. HCAman

HCAman New Member

If you want me to look up another brand, let me know. The CX shafts were just the closest to the middle for spine...

Hope this helps

4. dubnvento

dubnvento New Member

5. HCAman

HCAman New Member

The Archery Program

check it out Click

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I use Carbon Force Radial X-Weaves and love em. Very tuff,accurate,and affordable.:rockon:

You may also want to check into Victory arrows. I'm looking at some X-Ringers for indoors. Here is a link http://www.victoryarchery.com/default.aspx

7. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I agree except I have never tried Victory arrows myself.