Arrows for Field

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Str8 Shooter, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Str8 Shooter

Str8 Shooter Junior Member

Have Shot two field rounds and I'm using Gold tip 22s they are my 3d arrows and I'm tearing them up everytime I shoot a field round. Today I brought home a friend of mines Accs 3-39 and was shooting them until I noticed they are just about the same diameter as my Black max 400s. So heres my Question what would be the pros and cons of shooting my Black maxes for field they would have inserts that way I could still hunt with them.

Keep in mind I'm no Pro my first field I shot a 528 and my second was a 521.

2. sweet old bill

sweet old bill Member

A good question and some wil say stay with the gold tips, but for me if the other brand that you use for hunting flys good I would use them. I seem to think that in today market place the highest cost arrow some times does no do much for the average archer. I use the middle of the grade arrow and get just as good grouping when I have done walk back tuning with the bow. You had good scores for your first field shoot, what are you shooting and the bow set-up...

3. Str8 Shooter

Str8 Shooter Junior Member

Apex 7 28inch draw 61 # Trophy taker spring steel rest. The Bemans are Black max 400s at 27 inches.