arrows of choice

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by outdoorsman, Aug 10, 2007.

1. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

not really new to hunting with a bow but i have never done the research on arrows or bows for that matter.... i bought a new Hoyt vectrix this year, 30" draw pulling 70 #'s.... would like to shoot as flat as possible out to 30 yards for hunting , however i would like to try and find somewhere that has 3d close to hear as well..... what are the best arrows in opinions to keep it light and fast enough to stay flat to 30 but have the spine rating needed to be safe... ... i know i am probably starting something here because everyone has opinions but i have no idea so thught this was as good a place as any to ask the question short of going to the bow shop and having someone sell me on something i dont know about...... thanks

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

excellent choice.
    Yore gonna haveta git some of these other fellars ta help ya on this one .
    I have been doing mine so long I don't know much about tha new stuff.
    stay tuned help is on tha way:D

3. outdoorsman

thanks smokes, thanks for the welcome as well.... first time to get on one of these sites... a friend sent me the link, looks like alot of information as well as uuhh fun. as stated not new to hunting but want to get more involved so look out i may be picking some of you sr guys brains.... ok and girls....dont want to upset pink and j.a.g. and any others on my first day.... just kidding

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

give CX Maximas a try, you wont regret it......the best hunting arrow on the planet......

5. outdoorsman

thanks.... what is your opinion on pse x weave ? someone at an archery shop recommended but that is what they sell ... that and gold tips..... i had gold tips with the xt and was not that impressed

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would suggest you try the Carbon Force X-Weaves. I shoot the 300's and love em.:peace:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

Dang dude if you had given me 2 more minutes.:laugh:

8. outdoorsman

the shops here do not sell the maximas.... i have read reviews on line at cabellas on them but not seen at shops and we do not have a cabellas around here......

so i am thinking of trying the carbon force since it is easy to get .... you use them i am assuming?

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

X-weave's seem to be a better arrow than when they first came out.....

when the first came out 7-8 years ago, they were produced by the same company that made Gold tips....

now they seem to be much more durable....although dont tell dredly that.....he is still trying to recuver from the MOOSE incedent....:laugh:

10. outdoorsman

i guess i would not assume if i would have paid attentio nto the statement i shoot the 300's and love them now would i ....... must be getting late....

thanks for the info BM and hoosier

11. outdoorsman

ok... you r goin to have to tell the moose story now that you brought it up and i am new here

12. BowhuntnHoosier

Yep and no problem at all glad to help ya out.:peace:

13. outdoorsman

dang i talk to much i went from jr member to member in the same 24hrs.....

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if you start a nonsence thread you can make senior before the end of the night......:laugh: :laugh:

15. outdoorsman

to tired to do that.... time for bed

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Arrows!

Beman hunters ICS 400, 8.4gr per,in.
    Topped with Blazer vanes
    Cutting 1.5inch holes with Rocket-Hammerheads
    Try them, thats what i use!:biggrin1:

17. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

My newest bunch of arrows are the Carbon Force X Weaves and I love them. I shoot the 100's

18. BowhuntnHoosier

Yeah tell us about the moose big guy.:peace:

19. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's in a thread named "Rhinehart Moose"
    Dredly shot the moose alittle short, he hit about 2" low of the insert( in the gut) and for some reason Rhinehart decided to put a peice of steel there...:frusty:
    Pushed the point back into the shaft a good 1"- 1 1/2"...:Cry:

20. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Here's a link

http://3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7526