Arrows?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Rgrsldg1, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Rgrsldg1

Rgrsldg1 Junior Member

Am new to this site. Just got back to bowhunting since retiring. Have a Ross 334 bow set-up, used to shoot the old 50% let off bows. I enjoy building my own arrows and have done so with Eastons St. Epics. Took two deer this year and am happy with my equipment, but it seems you can always find something to tinker with in bowhunting. Am presently looking at some Carbon Tech arrrows for more speed(Cheeta's). They seem to pack the same punch as my set-up now but are 30-35fps faster. Are they durable and what are the weights of nocks and inserts? Enjoy reading everyones opinions.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sorry cant help you on the carbon tech....never seen them, around here......

but welcome to you:rockon: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I know a few guys that use them for 3d but didnt care for them in hunting setups. didnt ask why either. Not popular around here. So, I dont have any info. on them..

4. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I used them for a while. shot good and were fast. but the nock end of the arrows were bad about splitting after a while. if you shoot them I would put some bulldog nock rings on them. should do good.

5. Rgrsldg1

Rgrsldg1 Junior Member

How heavy or fast were you shooting them?

6. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I was getting 294 -296 fps with bow on 50# @ 28 dl. I was using a drop away rest which has about 2 inches of over draw. the arrows were 26 1/2 inches with 55 gain points. to be honest I was a little bit nervous with them. I also had more bow noise.

7. Rgrsldg1

Rgrsldg1 Junior Member

That's alot faster than I plan to shoot them at, just trying to get to 265fps. Think I'm getting alittle overwhelmed with all the speed you guys shoot. Maybe I'll just take it slow and smell the roses.