Arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mrg8913, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mrg8913

mrg8913 New Member

What would be a good choice of arrow for a begginer and how many different kinds and how many arrows in general does the avarage archer keep? And what would the average lifespan for something like a fiberglass/safety glass arrow be? I suppose it depends on the target :p Sorry im just hungry for knowledge.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

When I started shooting it seemed like arrows were a constant expense...but as I improved they lived longer...now I generally buy a dozen a year...mainly due to the amount of shooting I do. Carbon arrows can get fatigued after a while so I usually just replace them every year...

I keep 12 arrows generally. right now I believe I have 15 or 16...:noidea:
    Carbon arrows are pretty tough and they wont bend like aluminum...the only fiberglass arrows I know are short which may work for you...they are usually 24 or 25" and limited to 35 pounds which fits your bow...they have a tip that is glued on or crimped and are pretty indestructable and around $3 (US) each at a sporting goods store even walmart sells them...

3. mrg8913

mrg8913 New Member

The ONLY arrows in my entire town sadly were at Canadian Tire and they only had 30" fiberglass arrows which were 3 for $20 :censored: they work well. when drawn back they only are about an inch infront of the bow so i suppose that works for me. I think i will take a trip to le baron. (not sure if any of you know these stores but they are the best hunting/camping store available to me)

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No, I am not familiar with those stores. but 30" fiberglass should be fine they may be alittle heavy but should work fine. and 3 for 20 is around what carbons cost

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I'd look into carbons. You may have to get them online if there is no one around who sells them. I assume you're in Canada? Don't know about the regulations there if so. :noidea: