Arrows...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by dan3d, Apr 20, 2008.

1. dan3d

dan3d Extraordinaire

I Shoot 3d quite a bit, but I am looking to set up some arrows I have until I can afford to upgrade. I shoot parker bows, and I love them, and they shoot great. I will be buying a new one for 3d this summer, but my main concern is to set up some arrows. I used to shoot AFC V-Max 2400 arrows, but got out of them because they were too heavy for my liking. I would like to get back into them because of the small diameter and they shoot well. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could get some glue on outsert target tips for these arrows, since they will only be used for competition. Anything preferably between 55-70 grains. Thanks.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

JUST a bit of freindly advise, MOST clubs will not allow outserts to be used on their coarses......they tear up the targets too much......

and why would you want thin arrows for competition??

FAT ARROWS get you more points:noidea:

3. dan3d

dan3d Extraordinaire

Not to be ****y, that is not my intention, but I want small diameter arrows for less wind affect, and I shoot 6 inch groups at 80 yards. I am doing a lot of tuning to my bows, and shooting almost as light of arrows as I can without going below 5 grains per pound of draw weight.

4. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

I have not been to a club that even care what arrow you use :wave: but a larger diameter arrow is better for scoring:amen:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

at all the local clubs around here it says right on the score card, NO OUTSERTS......:wave:

6. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

show me your green and target #1 is over there:peace:

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

but why not get fat arrows? Are your 3D courses in the woods or out in the open?

8. dan3d

dan3d Extraordinaire

Courses around here can vary a little, but I haven't seen any shoots that say no outserts allowed, here anyway no offense intended. Our courses have both open shots and wooded areas. And as of right now, the reason I'm looking around for these tips is because I'm experimenting with arrows a little right now. I have Easton shafts right now that are fairly large in diameter, and 7.3 gpi, and I have them down to 359 grains total arrow weight, pretty close to IBO specs. I want to be able to get my old arrows down to weight and compare. I'm not too worried about arrow diameter, the best score I've ever shot was a 298 on 30 targets with those small diameter arrows. I'm curious as to how they would compare. But the thing is right now they have outserts, but those outserts require a screw in tip, and I shoot 75 grain tips. So the added weight is hindering my comparisons. I am looking for glue on tips, to reduce the weight and get the F.O.C. where I want it and the weight down.

9. dan3d

dan3d Extraordinaire

you guys have legitimate arguments on the larger diameter arrows and higher scores, but I have larger diameter arrows and have gone down that road. I read and experimented with that stuff. I have tested quite a bit. But through my experimentation, I have found that the diameter and scoring is very minute. Chances are you catch one ten ring instead of an eight in a shoot. But either way, the real problems with 3d shooting is making a clean shot and correctly judging distance. Which is why my arrows are as light as I can get them, flatter trajectory means a larger margin for error as you all know. So I am not saying I disagree with you guys at all. I am just curious as to if it is possible to find glue on tips, such as the Beman Flash glue in points, to fit the AFC 2400 arrow, around 55-70 grains.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

We are all freinds here, well most of us:biggrin1: , so we wernt trying to be rude,we were just wondering is all.....

SO, what about Easton Redline tips, they go on the outside i think......

11. dan3d

dan3d Extraordinaire

well, I'll take a look at them. Thanks. And I hope I didn't come off as being rude either, that was not my intention. And I know you guys weren't being rude either. I appreciate your feedback.