ASA News flash for next year (WOW)

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Daniel Boone, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Saturday 20 targets Unknown lower 12's, 14 in play for all classes and they will be larger than normal now to encourage shooting them.

Sunday 20 targets Known distance, Upper 12's located in 1:00oclock side of ten ring.
    14 ring in play for all classes.

The new name for the ASA Pro Am instead of ASA Pro Am's is the Mckenisies ASA Pro Am

WOW, Now this will be interesting. Known distance and larger 14

What do everyone think about this. I think its fantastic. All starts next year

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that's a big change for next year. Very interesting. I'm curious what the general reaction will be.

3. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

I heard the majority of resp were all in favor

I think ASA is thinking outside the box and trying promote more shooters and thats a good thing.
    DB

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Fair stuff

Hey This makes a fellow want to hone up on his form during the dot season. It is fair for all especially those that are willing to put in the time and effot to hit those dots. My :humble: Opinion, Holy Smokes

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Sounds like a good plan but as I dont know of any ASA shoots around here guess I will have to enjoy the pics DB will undoubtedly have for our veiwing pleasure....:biggrin1:

6. big scores

big scores banned from AT

are they still going to have the Sims shoot? the ASA's known distance is 1 to 2 yards different than a tape measure.:bored:

7. aggie2000tx

aggie2000tx Junior Member

I think that it is an excellent idea. Having some known distances will make the scores go up.

8. RyanH

RyanH Junior Member

Sounds Good Dan!

THis year starting in Jan im going to be taking on alot more tournys!

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

i know I'm MUCH more lilkely to make an ASA shoot if I know the yardages... due to vision issues guessing yardages is insalely difficult (try juding yardage with 1 eye closed)