ASA Paris, Tx

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussions' started by J.A.G., Apr 6, 2008.

1. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I got to shoot with Firechic!!! First time for me to meet her and I really like her. We had a great time, even though we didnt end up finishing so good... I think we are too much alike.. Dang 14's :doh:

also, Pink Camo was in our group, I have known her a while and it was soo good to met up again....we all had such a good time. other than the bow malfunction....

I hope to shoot with them again... Girls we need some redemption!

Witchy1... placed 2nd in the womens hunter.... she is such a natural.. I'm proud to know her... Way to Go Julie!!!!

I'll be in London..... and i will have my game ON!!

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow that's cool. It was a 3DShoots group at the ASA. I've been watching for scores but they haven't posted anything last time I checked.

3. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

KC had fun shooting with the group, but she did have a slight bow problem that bummed her out pretty bad. I blame myself for not checking those mod screws in a while :doh:

Way to go for those 14's Julie! You didn't drive all that way to not go for it every now and then!! We are wanting to go to London and hopefully we can make it work!

The scores are up now btw...

4. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

She's a trooper.. I have to hand it to her.. I would have been a wreck.
    Soo good seeing you again Hookem..:hug:

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Where's the pic's Hook????:noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

she couldnt make the repair??:noidea:

7. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

she lost a screw out of her cam..

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

OH Hook Em you are in so much trouble:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mathews dont have screws in the cams to fall out.......hmmm.....

9. Hook Em

shoot thru system on her scepter...so it is holding both mods on there :doh: . She called for a breakdown and went back to the convention center and nobody had a screw that would fit so they rigged something together for her and sent her back out there, but it was out of time and the DL was wrong so she didn't have much fun actually shooting...enjoyed the company though!

10. Hook Em

I didn't even take my camera out there :doh: We brought it with us though....and took no pics :noidea:

11. Hook Em

forgot to add....the mod is warped pretty good on one side as well. The guys there were very helpful for her, but none of them had any martin parts! At least any parts for a shoot-thru system :doh:

12. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I think she needs a new bow. :peace:

13. hutchies

hutchies Junior Member

Yep great shoot and tons of people:rockon:

Shot decent.......not as well as I should. Finished 35th in Men's Hunter.... Didn't feel too bad about it because it was my first Pro-AM. I learned one thing...........next year I will be shooting 5 yard pin gaps instead of 10.:peace:

14. ryanpalomba

ryanpalomba New Member

Jag..You were there?:biggrin1: :biggrin1: LOL j/k I think you shot well on those 14's.

15. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

but only hitting 1/2 of them hurt me badly.. once i got home, i realized my bow was hitting about 1.5 inches high and an inch to the right... no wonder!!!

16. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

Although we didn't score as well as we wanted to, we had fun!! That's what counts!!!

I'm really wanting to go to Augusta or London on the next Pro/Am too!

It was a really good and..... uhh...hummmm expensive learning experiance!!! But that's ok... I learned I need to not sight my bow in with my range finder and that my pins should be around 19.... 23.... and 27.

Hey JAG.... maybe we'll kick some arse the next time!!! 12's all the way baby!!!! No 14's ... no 14's!!!! :doh: :p

Poor pink with her bow.... She heard the "clink" when she pulled her bow back while all we heard was the arrow "clink". I'm just glad she stuck it out and finished even with a really messed up bow!!!

17. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

anybody seen Witchy lately?

18. ryanpalomba

ryanpalomba New Member

Live and learn, Live and learn.
    My sights were off when I got there. It was not fun trying to set them in the wind

19. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

oh, i know.. i didnt even try to resight.. next time though, i will be ready

20. Hook Em

yeah...a little tough to resight in the friggin wind! Especially on Friday!! I had really good 30 yd groups...about 8" groups