Back pack? What kind

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheels, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Wheels

Wheels Junior Member

What kind of back pack do you use and why do you like it? Or what would you look for in a back pack?

As you all can see I am getting ideas to help me so I can be ready and make sure I am up to the hunt with all of the right gear.

Thanks for all of the help I do appreciate it.

2. tyciol

tyciol Junior Member

Do you mean like a quiver or for other supplies or a combination quiver-pack?

3. Wheels

Wheels Junior Member

No something like this [​IMG]

What do you guys use? Something to carry suppies with you while hunting

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I use a Primos Bowhunters Vest......plenty of pockets for everything also has a really cool slot in the back where your safety harness goes thru.....so your the back of you shirt and jacket are not pulled down by your life line.......No noisy zippers and everything is always in short reach of your hands.....

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I seen those vests on a TV commercial one time and was wondering how much it set you back?? :noidea:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

bought 60 bucks no more than a low end back pack.......maybe a little more in the bigger sizes turkey boy......:biggrin1:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I think he just called you Fat! Turkey boy:pound:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I use a small day pack, I don't even know what brand I've had it for so long. The thing that I would look for is some thing with compartments... My pack can be a pain cause you have to dig for stuff. I think my next set up I'll try those Summit leg packs, I hear alot of good stuff about them.

9. Radar

Radar Story of my life

In all honesty I just use a normal EASTPACK backpack that is forrest green. Had it when I started and just keep using it. I would like to get a vest like bowman is talking about I get a little frustrated sometimes especially when I have my climber on my back my bow in one had and the pack in the other:mad2: :crazy: sometimes it just seems like too much

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a Fieldline day pack that has a removable fanny pack that zips to the bottom. I use that and 6 pocket Walls cargo camo jeans. The combination works good for me and is not too heavy to haul up to a stand with a rope.

Ron

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Yup they are great and they make your butt look smaller!

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

O.k. butt boy we get the point.....fanny packs make your butt look big.....

Radar, why not strap your pack to your climber while its on your back.....

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont know what to say.........

15. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Oh man, I don't know if I want to say this but Bowman that is a good idea:doh: I never really thought about strapping it to my climber, have always just put the climber on my back grabbed my stuff and I was gone.

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you see every once in awhile I do make a post that means something to someone......

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

he us just humoring you.

Only issue with strapping on your stand is how do you get to it? you have to take your stand off, put it on the ground, then get what you need out and then put the stand back on... its a huge PITA.

I perfer the thigh packs because of easier carrying, I used to use a fanny pack and wear it in front but the stupid thing never stayed in place.

btw - when I get up in the tree I strap my pack to the tree for easy access

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Me too. I sewed a bunch of my old military patches all over it, sewed a pouch in it to put a camelback water bladder in, and I'm good to go. I also wear a leafy, long sleeved, turkey hunting vest/jacket thing with a bunch of pockets.

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when I am going to my stand the only four things I need are:

range finder...in my breast pocket of my vest.....

Release....already straped to me wrist.....

Bow....in me left hand.....

Arrow.....in me left hand.....

so whats the problem....