back tension?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by DrewG, Nov 16, 2005.

1. DrewG

DrewG Junior Member

i was wondering if yall had any recommendations for a true back tension release? i am looking into getting one and was juist wondering where to start.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Do you want a plain backtension or one with a safety?
    Take a look at the Carter releases. The Bighorn and Atension are regular backtension releases and the Solution 2.5, 2.75 and 3 have safetys.

3. DrewG

DrewG Junior Member

thank you for your help

4. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Junior Member

Newbie Question???

What is all this talk about back tension thumb. I'm clueless to this. I shot fingers for years growing up using that no glove on the string. I have a Fred Bear Instinct am using a release for the first time that straps on the wrist. :frusty:
    If I need to get a different release let me know. I want good shots. Especially when I get either the Diamond or Guardian, jury is still out on that one. :Cry:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

There is a way to get back tension in which ever release you use.
    I have used that wrist strap type since 84 I tried ta use tha thumb ones which became popular during tha mid 90s and found it was a new learning process so since I have a system with tha wrist I stayed with ol fathful and avoided having ta learn a new one. only me.. so if yore just gettin' started you chose.
    But yore still gonna need ta master one or both of them.