Backtension releases

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by high school shooter, May 1, 2006.

1. high school shooter

high school shooter Junior Member

:decision: I has just wondering if anyone can give me some info on a good backtension release....my dad has the scott longhorn and I have been shooting it some and was thinking about getting my own backtension release....if you got any suggestions let me know.....:help:

2. Allen

Allen Senior Member

There are several companies that make very good releases. Scott is certainly one of them. Others include Tru Ball, Zenith, Carter, & Stan

The key is to find one that fits your hand. You want to be able to comfortably repeat your grip on the release precisely every time. The hard part is finding someone to let you try the many releases available.

3. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I have been shooting A Zenith for about 2 years and I am now shooting A Stan and you cant go wrong with either release. Good luck,
    Danny

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I switched to a Carter release about a year ago and am very happy with it. My scores jumped right away. However, the only release I can compare it to is my old Winn Free Flight release.

5. erasmu

erasmu Junior Member

I have been using a Carter Solution 2.5. I like it a lot. It is easy to learn with because it has a safety. The safety is also easy to click off without moving your hand out of position. If you have not read Core Archery by Larry Wise, you might want to check it out. It is a small book that tells almost everything about using back tension to shoot well.