Bag Target advice needed...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by archer1983, May 8, 2008.

1. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I'm getting ready to buy a bag target and was wondering what you all recommended.

Iam currently shooting a Morrells Yellow Jacket BH target with the field points and my hands are blistered :mad: from pulling arrows out.

Anything 3dshoots sells any good?

thanks

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

just get the Yellow Jacket bag. they're good targets.

3. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Just buy one of the cheap ones from Bass Pro, I bought a couple 2 years ago and been outside the whole time and work great. Just remeber which ever one you buy be sure to rotate it from time to time.

4. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Thanks.

I was looking to spend less than 50...

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I buy them local here for around $35. They are very nice and last a long time. They are called "The Boss".

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

They are more than $50, but the Morrell Range Bags seem to last forever!

7. archeryoptics

archeryoptics New Member

If you are going to bedford check with Ricks archery trailor and see what he wants for the bags off the pratice range. I bought one 3 years ago and still shooting it. Also if you go there come by our booth inside buy the food end and say HI

8. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

Yellow Jacket seems to be at the top and are under $50... I've had mine for several months and it has hundreds of arrows in it and it's still holding up strong.

9. MTColl28734

MTColl28734 New Member

Bag targets

I bought a Morrell Super Dooper a while back, and except for a few nits, I like it. It looks just like the Outdoor Range target, but it's not $90. More like $55. It's kinda heavy and bulky, but I need a BIG target. The handle sucks.

On the other hand, I've never had to use more than two fingers to get arrows out, even when I shoot at 10 yards. It has lots of dots on it, so it'll be a while before I wear out any one area. And the deer profile on the back is great when I'm shooting at 40 yards, since these old eyes can't see the dots at that distance.

Would I buy another? Probably not, but I'd buy another Morrell in a heartbeat.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have a Magic Stop Bag target at home and the thing takes a woopin and plugs right along......our club has them for warm up bags, and they take a ton of punishment.......

they are right at $50....at my local shop.......AWSOME target if you ask me....

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Mine is cheaper and it takes a poundin too. Ask Cody he can tell ya all about them. He may even have the guys number that makes them. Of course shipping on them would be a little high. They weigh about 40# I think.

12. MickeyBee

MickeyBee New Member

I have 3 morrells. They are very nice targets. They can also be rebagged for under $15 wich makes them very attractive for someone on a tight budget.

If you are looking for some place to spend your stimulus money, i would recomend the SPIDERWEB for target or the RINEHART for broadheads. IMO those two are the best and they last a long long time!!!

13. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

:rockon: I concour :rockon:

14. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Thanks for the responses so far. Looks like I need to be looking at the Morrells targets. :peace:

archer