Bambi's mom attacks!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Chris, May 20, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

It looks like Bambi's mom is on the rampage. Run for your life.
    When Bambi's mom attacks

Don't mess with momma doe!

2. Radar

Radar Story of my life

people need to realize that Deer are WILD animals. No they are not as ferocious as bears but they are still wild. My buddies brother got his a**whooped by a dear two years ago walking through the corn rows. And if those people were dumb enough to walk up to a fawn I think they got what they deserved. think about it what does a mom do when a stranger comes upto there kid they protect them right

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

After I posted this, one of the regulars comes in the shop carrying his video camera. He was out at the farm and gets out of his truck and there is a fawn laying about 3 feet from where he parked.

This thing is small. He drops his mathews cap on the ground next to it so he we can see the size. It can't be more than 8-10lbs. It's all curled up in a ball and not moving. Mom wasn't around so he just filmed it for a bit. It must be a little buck. It has a couple of dark hair spots where the antlers would be, no nubs or anything just dark hair. His little nose was sniffing but he wasn't moving a muscle. Mom must have said to stay put and that's what he was doing.

Very cool.