Bear Whitetail II draw length can be adjust?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by KyuZo, Feb 24, 2008.

1. KyuZo

KyuZo New Member

Hi, my friend have a Bear Whitetail II, the draw length is at 30" I was wondering if the draw length can be adjust to 28"
    thanks

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

got a close up pic of tha wheels and riser thtanks Smokes

3. KyuZo

KyuZo New Member

i'll try to find a way to get some pictures if i can. my digital camera is dieing

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

If I remember right...yes it can you need to move the cable in the notches on the sides of the cams to do it...

I recommend you take it to a shop... if you don't have a press...

5. KyuZo

KyuZo New Member

i'll take it to a shop. do u think it's worth shooting anymore? i'll want to get better at my recurve first and get into compound later, but i've been doing a little research on compound and really want to get my hand on a good one. like a Mathew or PSE. I am thinking either PSE 2007 x force or Mathew DXT

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's worth shooting...you could even hunt with it if you had to...The issue is yardage estimation since it's so slow...but coming from a recurve you shouldn't have a problem...

The X-force is an awsome bow...fast, quiet, very little vibration...but the draw cycle on it is a little too much for me and the valley is almost non-existant...if you creep forward on the string it wants to pull you arm out of joint...:tape: :laugh: not really as bad as I make it sound

The DXT is another great bow...not as fast as the PSE but much smoother draw...
    You just have to shoot them and decide for yourself...
    also try and shoot:
    Bowtech Allegience
    Bowtech Guardian
    Diamond Black Ice
    Pearson Z-34
    I'm sure there are a bunch more...so just shoot as many as you can...:D

7. KyuZo

KyuZo New Member

thanks for the advice, i'll take them all (lol, i meant the advice, i can't afford all the bows, but i'm sure that your advice were free, right?)

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Well I was gonna mail the bill in the mourning...:decision:

9. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I a have a Bear Whitetail as a backup bow (Lord, please don't ever let me need it :amen: ) and other thing besides judging distance is it is LOUD! :scared:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

True...but it can be made alot quieter with some work...:noidea:
    I have an old Bear Black Mag...and if I HAD to I could still hunt with it...:D