Beman 340 or 400?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by cnorth, Sep 11, 2006.

1. cnorth

cnorth Junior Member

I shoot 28 inch arrow between 65-70 lbs. I am going to shoot 75gr / 100gr tip. The Beman chart shows that I should shoot the 400(ICS Hunter). However, I have had several people to say that I would be underspined if I shoot the 400s(ICS Hunter). What should I do? I do not want to damage my bow or myself for that matter. I shoot a Hoyt Powertec. I have already got some 400s, but I will change if I have too. Thanks for your time, GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

ummm... anwser some questions and I can run the numbers for you.

Draw Length?

Whats your draw weight? (yes it matters)

Are you shooting a 75 gr tip or 100 gr? can't be both

What veins, wraps, weights, nocks... do you have?

3. cnorth

cnorth Junior Member

DL 29.5
    68 lbs
    100 gr
    Nocks came with arrows, so I guess they would be factory
    2 inch blazers
    I am willing to change whatever I need to, since I already have some 400s, or do I just need to get new arrows? Thanks for your time, GOD BLESS!!!

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Based on your DL at 29.5 & 68#, you need 340 spine. Just my opinion.

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

ummm dont you go off arrow length, not dl. hes got 29.5 dl but shoots a 28 arrow what do you do if a guy with a 30 inch draw, has a overdraw and shoots a 27.5 arrow....... :noidea:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I personally would rather err on the high side or overspined. But thats just me and I am always wrong in these matters after all I have been shooting my 2219's a little trying to decide on them or my carbon X-Weave 300's.:noidea:

Good luck and I must say that you must have complete confidence in what you are shooting so if you have any doubt about the 400's then go with the 340's.:peace:

7. JBUTLER

JBUTLER Senior Member

340's without a doubt!!!