Best Bow under 375?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by CJW, Dec 10, 2007.

1. CJW

CJW Junior Member

I am selling my crossbow and wanting to buy a compound. I have shot a compound many times. I really like the PSE Nova. None of my parents are really into hunting or know anything about it. Any help here?

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:welcome: cjw. I don't know anything about the nova, but I'm sure someone on here will have an opinion.A little more info would be nice. How many # pull would you be wanting? Plan on hunting or just enjoy shooting?:welcome:

3. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

if you want something under $375, look into a used bow rather than a Nova, IMO. Not that the Nova isn't a good bow, I just think you can get a better bow for a good deal that way. Just my opinion.

4. CJW

CJW Junior Member

I do well with 55 lb pull. I'm 6'1 with long arms so 29' draw fits me well. The Nova goes from 55-70lb pull I believe. I plan on hunting but it would get shoot alot because I love to shoot them.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You can find a used bow mabey a year or two old in your price range. I'm sure the novas are good bows, but I think you would be happier with a little higher quality piece of equipment. Browse the classifieds, you can usually pick up some good deals. Good luck.

6. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Take a look at the new PSE Stinger, here are the spec and it list for $299. Yes, I have shot the bow and it is ahead of the class in that price range. You can compare it to the bows in the $400 price range.

Axle-to-Axle: 31-1/2"
    Bow Weight: 4.1
    Brace Height: 7-7/16"
    IBO Speed: 304-296
    Let Off: 80% adjustable to 65%
    :bowl:

7. CJW

CJW Junior Member

I've never heard of the Pse Stinger. I'll look in to that. Thanks!