best climbing stand for bowhunting?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by agdave112, Oct 15, 2007.

1. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

i hunt on national forest land, so i may walk as far as a 1 mile in or so. any help would be appreciated. i have heard good and bad about tree lounge. some of the accessories look nice

2. RedFletchings

RedFletchings Member

Loggy Bayou

Been using my Loggy for ten years. I am a hugger too by the way, as i dont use the climber. I just use the foot/stand part and shimmy up a tree in less than a minute to 22 feet.

I feel safer with it and have harvested over 23 animals from it.

Best,

Mike
    http://www.redfletchings.net

3. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I used my loggy for about 10 years, and I killed many deer from it. I recently bought a Lone Wolf Alpha Climber, I love it. A little bit more $$, but they are light, compact, and when you get where you are going, they do not move from the tree.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Summit! Hands down no doubt about it THE BEST!

They make the perfect stand :)

weighs around 18 pounds give or take, has a sit down bar so you don't have to worry about hugging the tree or getting all sweaty, makes a great rifle rest or folds under you for an open face.

5. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

Summit, and I'm 265lbs

6. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I just bought a Lone Wolf Sit N Climb and used it for the first time yesterday.

So far I love it. Folds flat but is easy to get on the tree. I also like the no pins for adjusting the cables.

I also have a Gorilla that I like but found a drawback to it a few weeks ago.
    The arms for the cable pivot which allows it to fold flat and grip the tree.
    That's all fine until you are on a skinny tree. The arms were so close together I could barely fit between them to sit onto the seat.

7. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I love my treelounge, they are the most comfortable stand by far. However, the places I pack mine are relatively easy in/out(300-400yards). If I was planning on packing a stand longer distances I would go with a summit or lonewolf. My treelounge is the CESSO made version, the best kind. With the bow platform attachment it weighs in around 25 lbs. and it packs up nicely. If you are new to climbers I wouldn't go with a treelounge, you will probally end up frustrated and disappointed... Good luck

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

The second picture looks exactly like mine, the seat pad, gun holders, and the bow platform.

10. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

not new to them, i have been huntin out of one of those 100 dollar walmart stands for 5 yrs. its kind of heavy 32 lbs and noisy. i have killed deer out of it, just thinking of getting something better.

11. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I wouldn't trade my summit for any other stand. It is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. If I plan on doing some long sits that is what I am sitting in, or maybe napping in.

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I have a couple areas I would like to try, a summit or lonewolf would be much easier to get in and out, and I think I am just too spoiled by the comfort of my treelounge... I may buy a summit and use them both?:noidea: The gorilla climbers from wal-mart are actually pretty decent...the ameristeps on the other hand are not. I bought 5 of them when they went on sale for $30 and now I use them as lock-ons...:lol: They are easy stands to sit in for extended periods of time, but I tried one before I bought my tree lounge and the only time I climb with the ameristep stands now, is when I am setting them in early Sept.

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Treestand!

I just got the new Summit-Openshot it weigh's 14lbs and i weigh 260
    No problem holding this big guy!:laugh:

14. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Here's a shot of tha summit corba it is 18 #s and one of tha safest and most comfortable stands I know of. Portability is a must fer this roamin' hillbilly.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so is ensure.......

16. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I bought 3 ameristep climbers from wally world a wk before Christmas last yr for 40$ a peice....so i'll say ameristep.:peace:

17. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Try the tree saddle. You can put it in any tree that you want. I love mine and you wear it into the woods, so you can still put your backpack on your back. It also weighs less than 3lbs.

18. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Oh yeah could ya spot me a couple of cases of chocklate:biggrin1:

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

Ron

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use an Ameristep Non-typical Stinger. It's as solid as a rock and I love it.

Ron