Best Compound Bow Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by andre179, Jun 23, 2014.

1. andre179

andre179 Administrator

I'm interested in learning more about compound bows, and I'd like to know who you stand by. Alpine? Bear? Bowtech? PSE Archery? :noidea: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Any of the major brands are fine. It mostly comes down to what feels best and shoots the best for you.

3. andre179

andre179 Administrator

Many thanks! I'll take a look around and see what I can find.

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Shoot as many as you can.

5. 1arw@atime

[email protected] Ltl Acorn Outdoors

Michigan has Strother and Darton right?

6. andre179

andre179 Administrator

Re:

Yup, Strother is located in Imlay City, Michigan and Darton is located in Hale, Michgan. :)

7. 1arw@atime

[email protected] Ltl Acorn Outdoors

im shooting a 2014 strother vital this year. love it! glad my sponsors talk me into it!

8. Dan Geiwitz

Dan Geiwitz New Member

Everyone in my family shoots a mission craze by Mathews. For us it is the most versatile and adjustable. It can grow with the kids as they become bigger and stronger.

9. drewski

drewski New Member

Strother is no longer.

10. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Strother was bought by Obcession fairly recently. I think the manufacture of Strother bows is in the Obcession facility. The Strother facility in Michigan is being used only to handle warranty issues.That's the latest I have on them.

11. foland20

foland20 New Member

Shoot a bunch and pick what feels the best to you. You want a bow you can shoot the same way every time. All bow companys make great bows. Some have better and worse features than others but the all make a solid product.

12. Juan N Saydé Flores

Juan N Saydé Flores New Member

go to a pro shop.. get fitted right to your body frame; then shoot them all, their is no perfect bow. its what you like and makes you feel comfortable.

13. amber

amber New Member

Hey girl! Bows are like shoes and jeans, what fits for one person may not fit for you. But you asked about manufactures, so Ill tell ya what I know... My fist bow I started off with was an old PSE nova. When my limbs cracked I had a hard time getting ahold of their customer service to get any sort of help on replacing them. But I loved shooting my PSE. My next bow was an old hoyt and I hated the creepiness of the cams which people tell me is distinctive of some models and people like that. To each their own. So I got smart and actually did some research. I shot all different kinds of bows and I tell you what, as soon as I drew back an elite, I fell in LOVE!!! I looked into the company and they have great customer service, they stand behind their bows and if you are out on a hunt and something goes wrong, they will overnight you a bow set to your specs so you can continue your hunt. They also have a fully transferable warranty on bows 2016 and older. So I picked up a '14 elite energy 35. and I currently have 3 in my house now and I am looking to eventually add 2 more to my collection! But good luck to ya and shoot straight.
    Amber