Best drop away-EVER!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I cannot find out which one will never fail on me. My qad was working great, but today it conked out(again). I have no confidence it it at all. I need to be able to trust my equipment so when that bruiser cruises up underneath my stand I'll be ready. So, what drop away will NEVER fail. I see many benefits to the muzzy zero effects. I.e. the arrow fires, the rest drops-no matter what. But most people say they are a hassle. But all other rests with timing cords and the like seem like they could fail just as easily as my qad. But then again getting a 110$ scizzor rest may be better than a 50$ qad. Thanks for the info.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I really like my Copper Johns Scardy Cat Pro......

Simple
    Quiet
    Reliable

4 years and 2 bows, still going strong.......:peace:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I used a zero effect at one time and thought it was pretty bulletproof. I've heard people say they are a hassle to set up but I thought it was pretty easy after watching the video that came with it.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the only Muzzy Zero Effect that I ever saw in operation.......

FELL APART 3/4's of the way through a 3dshoot.......

the guy was able to put it back together, but it left a bad taste in my mouth......

5. bowtech-john

bowtech-john Way Lowest Junior Member

I use a limbdriver

On both my bows. Even if the cord fails you still have a rest, as long as you aren't using fob's.

6. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

limb driver here also . I had a qad locked up got a better one locked up also. I didn't send this one back I sent it in the air ! great idea but falls short of reliable . theirs one that looks like it can't remember the name only hear good things about it.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ripcord
    :peace:

8. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

yep ! thanks:doh:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I really love my RIPCORD..........

TT is not bad either but I like the lock up feature of the Ripcord.:peace:

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

hunter supreme used one for 10 yrs
    turned upside down to shoot out of tha trouff
    or lizard tounge
    no failures with this puppy

11. hoytultratec

hoytultratec aka SETTHEHOOK

Troph Taker , pronghorn is bullet proof never had a problem...but im really liking my limbdrivers now.

12. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

But fobs are so much easier to put on...and they don't get crincled if I shoot the arrow through something or hit branches with it. I don't know about the accuracy compared with vanes, but generaly I want to keep using them.

13. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

In the 4 years I have had my TT on my ovation It has never failed. I know it isnt full contanment- which is the ONLY down fall to this rest. I have looked at other rest but I am a "If it aint broke dont fix it " guy. SO its Trophy Taker for me.

14. harleyryder

harleyryder bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple

Best ever >> that would be the Ripcord........Think of all the things that are necessary in a dropaway and the Ripcord does it

15. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Just my 2 cents but any rest that moves i.e. springs, cords, or some other mechanism is going to fail at some point. don't really have a favorite rest for hunting I use a whisker biscuit and hate it.... but less prone to failure in the field than a tm hunter style rest or a drop away. Maybe some day I will change my mind but it will probably be for a limbdriver.

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

THERE IS NO REST PERIOD THAT WILL NOT FAIL.....

you are 100% correct, when you say this......

however, I believe that we will see a SIMPLE EFFECTIVE REST that is bullet proof, very soon......

even SMOKES's wonderful hunter supreme is prone to getting bent......

Trees Fail, Boulders Move, if it can go wrong it will......

MY issue with the limb driver, is that STUPID CORD.......

what happens when your drawn on that buck of a lifetime and your limb driver cord is slack and catches on somthing??

ALL HELL is gonna break loose.......

17. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I completely agree with you, thats why I have not bought one. I am against the fence:noidea:

18. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

IF something catches the stupid cord & it's going to catch the cables also .
    the LD isn't just a drop a way it's made to hold the arrow on the blade longer for better accuracy . I bet you already knew that though. if it was in no way different then any other drop I would say the Trophy taker would be almost bullet proof .

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have yet to see a bow that when drawn, the cables GO SLACK, and hang down loose......

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

20. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

i ahve backed over one with my truck and it didn't bend it
    these puppys are tuff as nails
    it has a plastic launcher backed up with a piece of shim stock under it.