Best quiver - (not bow mount)?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by krist003, Mar 11, 2008.

1. krist003

krist003 New Member

I am toying with the idea of not putting a quiver on my new bow. What other options are there? Does anyone have any suggestions for a good hunting quiver that is not bow mounted? Pros/cons?

Thanks

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

A belt quiver would be a pain with getting caught on brush etc, a back quiver would be a hassle with carrying a climber - if you only use fixed stands that would be a possibility. I still think a removable one on the bow is the most convenient - I don't like shooting with one attached as well. I just take it off and use my pull rope to tie it to the tree.

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Like the above post stated, removable. Buy an xtra mounting bracket and attach it to your stand. That way you climb up, pull up your bow and remove the quiver from your bow and attach it to the stand or tree

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i agree.. i take mine off my bow when i get to my stand also

5. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

I tried the CAT Quiver for my back a couple of years ago and loved it, up until I had to drag a deer out. The straight frame makes it very difficult to bend and weave while you are dragging. I will use it again, but only on days that I can take the gear back to the truck and come back for the deer.

6. mike p

mike p New Member

I tried a hip quiver years ago marketed by Chuck Adams. Found same problems as above and brush. But I could see the value if I had been somewhere like a caibou hunt on the tundra.

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha

Try them all, on the ground i use a hip quiver stalkin thru corn fields
    in a tree stand detatchable
    with a recurve a back quiver
    I use them all in different situations and at different times, depends on what im hunting and where.:biggrin1: