Better tubing for fiber optics

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I just ordered 5' of it and the lady said it is MUCH clearer than the fep teflon tubing that you usually get with bowsights.

http://upchurch.com/Products/listPr...rodCat2=123&imageField2.x=17&imageField2.y=11

The lady also said it is flexible and it comes in 5' pieces. I plan on putting
    3-4 .010" fibers in 3 foot lengths in this tubing at once to use in my spot hogg wrap. instead of having individual tubing for each fiber optic it will obviosly be much brighter because you are using 36" fiber optics instead of the 8" the spot hoggs come with. Now I just have to get the fibers.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hey Louie, the link don't work...

One thing to check out for tubing is if you have a friend that works in the medical field they can get ahold of some pretty small tubing they use for IVs, catheterizations, etc... I was able to get some a couple of years ago and it works great. I'll try and post a pic of my TR sight. It turned out great, using that tubing and LD fitzfibers.

Ron

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Man I wish I knew somebody like that......:peace:

4. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

The tubing that Fitz sells is really good.

5. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Really I wouldnt know considering I ordered from him about 2+ weeks ago and I have heard nothing but half of my order has shipped and the other half is waiting to come in. The tracking # is showing NO SIGNS of activity dated back from the 22 of october. I checked the mail today and NOTHING and I left him a few pm's and have gotten no response