Big Ground Blind News!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by thehairlessone!, Jan 11, 2008.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I found out some interesting news. I got on the primos website tonite and saw some neat stuff.

Most people already know that primos bought double bull blinds last month. Here is a better photo of the dark horse blind.

http://www.primos.com/doublebull/

They also bought out the ground max blind company effective this month. Ground max has a blind coming out called the vision which is very similar to the matrix and will be in the deception camo.

http://www.primos.com/groundmax/

Looks like they will have both ends of the blind market covered now. This should be good for the consumers . I dont know what the vision is going to cost but it should be lower priced for people who dont want to spend the money on a top of the line blind but still want a good one.

rick

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I have a Ground Max Eclipse, which is an awesome blind for $120.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I really need to think about getting a blind..........

4. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I have been looking to get one for some time now....

So what are we talking as far as specs wise between the two?

I know the price range will differ but how about construction, do they both use the same hub system and what will the warranties be like now, I have heard DB was really well known for thiers.

5. thehairlessone!

Mike,
    I think it's too early to tell on alot of those things. This all just happened and the ATA show just got over.

I doubt much will change with the double bulls but we will have to wait and see.

rick

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Now all you need is a good stool and one of my bow stands and a 14 pointer to walk by lol

7. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Well, Bro when I get back in DEC I will be hitting you up. :biggrin1:

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I hope that the quality will remane the same as before. I know the price is steep, but imo it is the best on the market. I have hunted out of 3 other manufactures blinds and none can even compair to the DB.

9. thehairlessone!

Sounds good mike.

I honestly doubt much with the quality or warranty will change. I wouldnt be suprised if there is some changes as far as dealers and headquarters location and stuff like that though.

They have always been the best blind on the market so obviously Primos probly isnt going to want to change that. I have always liked the primos company and products in general before the merger.

rick

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Where is the price list? :noidea:

11. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

those last two Ground Max blinds look exactly like the Ameristep Doghouse and Outhouse blinds.

still not a fan of that new Ground Swat camo they are using now.

12. thehairlessone!

Dred,
    the matrix retailed for $399 but we dont have a definate price on the dark horse yet. I expect it to be the same

I think once we see better photos of it in the field it will grow on you. It is going to blend in great where I hunt.

rick

13. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

doubt it. i don't like blob patterns like that. i prefer an open pattern such as predator or max-1. :)

this however wouldn't take away from the blinds effectiveness.

14. thehairlessone!

It is all up to the individual. When they went to deception alot of people complained about it and I am sure alot will complain now they are are switching away from predator.

I have had some people unhappy about it and others have been excited about it.

rick

15. dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors New Member

primos is definately expnding in the market for sure, I will have a new double bull blind before 2008 season.

16. Rattler

Rattler New Member

I will have to say I like the Predator camo better too

17. Gary Crivello

Gary Crivello Junior Member

blind

I think any blind will work if the inside is black that seem to be the key with pig, turkey, and deer.I have the double bull blind and have been on a roll with pig, and turkey. with deer you have to brush in the blind and leave it for a bout two weeks before opening day so the deer can get use to it. if i just set it up the black tail deer i hunt will not come near it.It takes time but it works.

Good luck hunting and god bless,
    Gary