Birthday Question

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Wheely, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

This is a dumb question...but I don't know what to do for her.

My daughter is turning 5 this month. She has been asking about a birthday party for a year now. All the ones she has been to last only about 2-3 hours.

Here is my question: What do you do at a 5 yr olds birthday party?
    Are there new games that I don't know about?
    Should I just let them play instead of games? We do have 4 acres with a pool, trampoline and swingset.

This has to be a super cheap party, as don't have much extra money :cool:

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha wheely

make a pinyata..with some candy and a few dollar bills that would work:wave:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, that and some ice cream and cookies and maybe swimming in the pool...
    Maybe a few games tossed in with a little door prize for each child from the dollar store or something. Squirt guns they could fill up in the pool and play around with.

Ron

4. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

have you guys ever seen those huge inflatable slides people can rent? I don't know how much they are but they sure look fun. They are like 2+ stories tall.

But sounds like you need a back up if you have bad weather.

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

We are going to look into one of those. Me and the girls played on one a few weeks ago, they are pretty steep and fast!!:D

I was just glad there was a wall blocking the view of all the lookers at the end of the slide, cuz by the time I got to the bottom, my skirt got quite short :tape: :lol:

6. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

My daughter just turned 5 this month, and thats what we did. We had them in the pool for a couple of hours, then they all got out and busted the pinyata(is that the right spelling?:noidea: ), and had cake. Kids partys are easy.:D

7. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Really? :amen:

8. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

Yeah but let them all shoot at it with a bow and dumbdumb arrows to shoot it with (like youth day at southside)

that was ausome:rockon: :rockon:

9. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Broadheads would make it more interesting.:noidea:

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

If they can whistle
    have em divide up into 2 teams and have a kid at a opposite side per team about 15 yards away and have the other 2 teams in line and give tnem a cracker each at thier turn and have them to chew /eat the cracker as the run down to the team mate and when they can whistle the next 1 goes
    1st one finished wins
    maybe a small treat or special privilege for the winners:laugh:

11. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Why not ask her to help you plan it. Even at that age they like to be involved and as she "helps"(?) she will talk about the neat stuff at other parties and you will get an idea what that age group thinks is neat and then throw in a few ideas of your own to make in unique.
    Taking her with you while picking out the decorations and having her help in the planning is not only educational but makes her really think she is important and "grown up".
    Also talking to the ladies at the speciality stores will help you get an idea what the trends are and mostly likely they will have suggestions. (Think Pro Shop).

But then, I'm just a fat old bachelor, so what do I know.

12. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

good idea:evil: :evil:

13. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

pool party!!!! ..... with cake!

14. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Stuff that pinyata with broadheads, fletchings, knocks, and maybe a drop-a-way rest. Then when they break it open, they won't be interested, and you just got yourself some new stuff =]. Gl with the party. I don't have any kids ( that I know of ):doh: so no advice from me.