Blazer or quickspin

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by texasbow, May 2, 2006.

1. texasbow

texasbow Junior Member

I have just started fletching my own arrows and have had great success with the quickspin however they tend rip off, like its not getting a good stick, So i was wondering if the hype about the Blazer were truly as good as it seems?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I really like the both fletchings. I currently have arrows fletched up several different ways, w/several different fletchings. Today I am going to try Blazers w/my Muzzys (100gr, 4 blade and see how they shoot). On my line jammer 3-d arrows I have them fletched w/ 1&1/2 inch Quikspins and they fly great.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Blazers

I have been using blazers since January and they are really holding strong. I shoot with a WB rest :rockon: and none of my vanes have came off or even started to peel away. And I usually shoot about 500 shots a week. Good luck and I think you will like blazers alot.:peace:

4. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

Arrow Fletching

My first question would be: What type of arrows are you flectching, and how are you doing it. Second: What do you mean they rip off; during flight, from your rest, hitting them while they are in the target or passing thru a target?

5. texasbow

texasbow Junior Member

I am using carbon arrows, the Bohning Archery Fletch-Tite Platinum, and the Arizona ez Fletch tool...i dont thing that the rest is causing any damage to them (Whisker Biscuit). The glue might not be getting a good stick......Also i have fletched a few dozen arrows with feathers and dura vanes and they hold up great its just these quickspins wont stay on the shaft.

6. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think that you were supposed to use quickspins through a wisker biscuit?!?!:noidea:

7. texasbow

texasbow Junior Member

well if thats the case there lies my problem......can you shoot blazer through a whisker buscuit?
    :doh:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think the kicker is what is causing these to rip off:doh:

9. texasbow

texasbow Junior Member

OH that makes sence, thanks a million,

10. rrussell

rrussell Junior Member

the WB is your prob:tape: jk i have not heard anything about there being a problem with WB and quick spins. i love the 2.25 QS I have they are awesome vanes you can't go wrong:amen:

11. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

QS vs. WB

:Cry: I do believe the people are right.

Before I found you were using the QS/WB combo, I was actually wondering if you were preparing the carbons/aluminum correctly. If not, this will also allow them to "rip" off. I am assuming you are putting a drop of glue on the front and back of the quills.

12. BowhuntnHoosier

Blazers

Referring to Post #3 Blazers and the WB rest are like peanut butter and jelly.:rockon: They are a great combination. As for quickspins and the WB I do not have any experience with those vanes so I am not sure if that could be the problem.:noidea:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

But frank I like peanut butter and bannanas, and I like my jelly w/cream cheese, so what you are saying is the WB and blazers wont work for me????:noidea: :Cry:

14. BowhuntnHoosier

Oh Adam

I am saying PB&J is where it is at. You my friend may need to just start shooting from off the shelf.:laugh: That would have to be better than that drop away thing you use. As for jelly and cream cheese thats just nasty. PB and bananas is ok though. :peace:

15. texasbow

texasbow Junior Member

i fletched the quickspins the same way i fletched the feathers and duravanes, with the same glue and same preparations onto the carbon arrows.....and on a seperate not i ordered some blazers last nigh and cant wait to shoot em'

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hey Frank, now have you ever tried cream cheese and jelly?? Dont knock it till you try it. Trust me it really is good.

Texasbow, I have a feeling you are really going to like the blazers.:biggrin1:

17. BowhuntnHoosier

Blazers

I agree you are going to love blazers texasbow. :rockon: Keep us informed on how it is going. Ok Adam I will not know your cream cheese and jelly anymore.:hug: