Blazer vanes vs. regular 4-5" vanes...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by swintj1, Oct 11, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Hi All,

I just purchased a set of Carbon Express Maxima 250 arrows, but I would like to use the Guillotine broadheads for turkey hunting next spring. My question is, are the blazer vanes that much better than standard vanes?

CE Maxima HUNTER arrows come with blazers already equipped on them, and if they aren't that good, I'll only purchase 6, but if they are that good, I'll simply use my standard CE Maxima arrows for target shooting, then use the Hunters for hunting. Any thoughts?

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Blazers were designed to be used with broadheads. That is their primary function. I would imagine they would do well with gillotines.

I use them for all my arrows whether hunting or target shooting. I think they are a really good fletching.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I love my Blazers but have never shot a Guillotine so I am not sure about them. Hopefully someone can post up with some experience with em.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've never shot the Guillotines, but the ones I've seen at GM were packaged on arrows with 5" feathers with a pretty good helical. They also make a quiver that's designed just for them. They seem like a lot of trouble to me. Like I said on another thread, I think I'd just look at a mechanical like the Grim Reaper.

5. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i dont know about the Guillotine bh. never used one before. but the blazers are good if you have wisker bisket. the biger ones riple faster in it.

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

How do you practice with the guillotines? Do you just shoot them into a BH target and they bounce off?

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Shoot them at a couch cushion, according to somebody on another thread. But no more than four or five times or the blades will break. :censored:

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I think I am gonna try out a new turkey head next year anyway...:tape:

9. Key west

Key west Junior Member

:biggrin1: I switch to the Blazers and picked up 5' sec. faster and they fly great out of my Hoyt Vectrix.:peace: