Blazer Vanes

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MoSkeeter0311, Oct 6, 2007.

1. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Going to do some fletching. Anyone got opinions about BLAZER Vanes? I usually used 4" RT Helical,but, these Blazers are so small that helical doesn't seem possible. Or give me your preference. These are used for Hunting.

2. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I am a Feathers guy myself and Love the new Razr Feathers!:biggrin1: I have shot Blazers in practice a lot the last couple of summers and they will Git-R-Done:cool:

Dan

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

You can set a Helical on Blazers. Thank is how I flech them and it seems to work.

4. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I NEVER looked back after I switched to blazers. I just got 75 flo yellow ones in the mail the day b4 yesterday.:peace:

5. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I just put them on 3 arrows and don't see much twist. They are the 2" ones.
    I just put them on with my new pathfinder wraps and they look Di-no-mite!
    I might not be able to hit anything, but I sure can miss in style now.:bowl:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I love my blazers and they have more of an offset to me not really much helical.

***NOW FOR A HI-JACK***

Skeeter how do you like your Limbdriver??? Any problems you have encountered??? Thanks for the info.

***NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC***

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey if you want some free ones, go post in my giveaway thread!!!!:rockon:

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I shot blazers for the first time this year shooting 3-D. Mine are the 2" with a straight fletch with maybe a 2-3 degree offset. I put broadheads on them a couple weeks before season started and they flew my broadheads just fine.:peace:

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

Thats all i shoot now blazers or feathers!
    I might try some Quickspins.:noidea:

10. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

herd quickspins wear out realy fast and my blazer seem indestructible

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've been using Blazers 2 full years and they are great all around.
    I do about a 3 degree offset, no helical though...

Ron

12. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

Is there really any reason to have any helical on your vanes/feathers? I asked the guy at my bow shop and he said it was mostly for people that shoot fingers because of the way the string rolls off the shooters fingers. If you shoot a release, everything should be straight ahead. I've even shot arrows with a bare shaft just messing around and they fly just fine.

13. If you are going to shoot arrows with STRAIGHT fletch why spend the money for the fletching and the time to put them on. You will get about the same results with a bare shaft and have better FOC. IMHO

14. olehemlock

olehemlock Senior Member

First thing you need to do is find another bowshop, unless all he sell's is field points:cool:

The avantage of the Blazer is there taller profile and 2 inches short, it's like chopping the last 2 inches off a 5" vein, the part of the vein that does the most work. The shorter length let's you offset them 4 degrees instead of the normal 2 degree offset, thus more spin and more control.

Now with all that being said, 4" feathers with a heavy helical will control broadheads better than any vein on the market:D

15. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

I like feathers and had to go to 3" feathers so they wouldn't rub on the cables on my new Guardian. I also use mechanical broadheads which have always seem to fly like my field tips.

16. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I also say find another pro shot. That was the dumbest statement I have ever heard. I have some arrows I put heli. on them with blazers. I will bring my camera home tomorrow and post some photos.

17. GreggWNY

GreggWNY Junior Member

Helical with Blazers can be done... But with only 2" to work with it doesent have as much wrap around as a longer vane would have.

18. Huya

Huya Senior Member

But it is a slight bit taller vane so it don't really need much. Also the spin will help the arrow fly truer. Just like the rifling of a barrel on a gun. It helps to cut through the wind better also. I don't think I would be taking to much more advice from that guy at the pro shop. He don't have a clue or he is just trying to push a product because he don't have what you are really looking for. Which means he isn't being honest with you anyway. I prefer and only have 2 in. Blazers on all my arrows and with a slight right Heli.

19. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Finding a New Pro Shop should definitely be on your to-do list:cool:

Dan

20. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

NOT

Don't try to shoot broadheads with no vanes or fleathers who knows where it'll go?:noidea: