blazers?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by diamond-vic., Sep 9, 2006.

1. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

hi guys, right now im shootin 4 inch duravanes, i was wondering if it would be a smart thing to do to switch to blazer vanes. my arrows are 29'' 3555 gold tip xt hunters. i have wanted to try them for a while, just makin sure nothin will go wrong with the smaller lighter vanes. thanks

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I personaly dont use them, im also shooting a 4 inch fletch, but i know alot of people who do shoot them and like them alot! Ive also read alot of good things about them here. only thing about them it they are a taller fletch, so make sure you have good clearance on your riser, id fletch up 2 or 3 of your arrows to try them out, but they seem to work great, lot of guys shooting broadheads great with them to! good luck

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've been using Blazers for a while now with good success. If you compare the profile of a Blazer with an AAE 4" vane they are nearly the same height. The Blazer is about 1/32 taller. I use a NAP 3000 rest and I did not have to adjust the rest height when I switched vanes. I use Axis arrows and compared the 4" AAE vanes with Blazers and my groups were consistently better with the Blazers. Now this could also be due to the fact that the Blazers are lighter, I don't know, but they work for me.

I would say it's worth trying them on 3 arrows and do a comparison. When I tried them I 'borrowed' 9 of them from a buddy... That way if they turned out to be 'placebos' I didn't waste my money.

Ron

4. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

I shot Blazers

I shot Blazers then switch to Quickspin speedhunters... I shot them together with a fixed blade broadhead and the Qs's grouped away better

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hi lungbuster,

Just curious, what kind of arrows do you use and what length ?

Thanks,

Ron

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Sorry dumb me... Axis 400... Same arrows I use.
    What length and what is your max draw weight ?
    Again, just curious.

Thanks, Ron

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I shoot blazers and love them. they are a great fletching, very light and they spin the arrow well.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Same here I love my blazers.

Speedhunters are a ridiculous price and have a little more noise when shot so I will stick with my blazers besides they are Blazer copies I would rather shoot the original. JMO:peace:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Ummmm....dont you shoot a Switchback XT???? Thats a copy........

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

just a side note - DO NOT USE Fletch-tite platinum... this stuff is complete junk. it takes about 4 pounds of pressure, if that to yank one of my blazers off and the arrows are prepped correctly.

Get Goat Tuff, I've heard awesome things about it.

I think Tommorow I'll see if my 3 month old son can rip the fletching off one of my arrows. I bet he can

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I like the Fletch tite platinum, been using it for 2 years, even did some buddys arrows with it, havent have any problems, i have several arrows that have been shot though targets, bushes, ext.... havent lost a vane yet!!!

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

how long have you had yours? I think it may be a new recipe because I've talked to a lot of people that have used it for years and the old stuff is like gold, the new stuff is complete garbage.

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Its not a copy its the same company making IMPROVEMENTS to an already existing product.:peace: