Bodoodle vs. Whisker Biscuit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by vmabuck, Apr 13, 2008.

1. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

Right now I use a very basic shoot through arrow rest. I was thinking about changing to a containment style. The only real reason for this in my mind is to inhibit all the noise I make in the tree stand, It seemed whenever I moved my arrow was knocking around all over the place.

I have always liked the idea of the bodoodle rest, and possibly the whisker biscuit. The whisker biscuit always seems a bit weird to me though with all of that material your fletching has to get through.

WhenI start thinking about this I always think about 3D shooting. I love to go out and do that, and I want a rest that will keep me happy in both settings, hunting and point shooting.

Those two are the only two I have really thought about, maybe there are some better ones out there.

Any opinions on containment rests?

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

The Bodoodle is a great rest....I am actually going to go to one on my 3D bow as well. It is just so simple and easy to tune :noidea: Plus the Blaine is a great guy to deal with and will always shoot you straight!

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

QAD........................:peace: :rockon:

4. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

I just read about that QAD. It looks nice but it doesn't look like it would hold your arrow tight like the bodoodle zapper or the WB. I was also looking at that Octane hostage. never heard of it either.

I have never thought much about the dropaway rests, they always seemed like a huge effort to setup. I am not totally against that though...

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

You're sure to get differing opinions on this. I like the WB for simplicity and nothing to go wrong in less than nice field conditions. For a strictly 3D setup I'd second Bunny's recommendation.

6. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

Simplicity was why I was leaning towards the BD. It holds your arrow tight, and people say nothing but good things about it.

so to me, it seems like the perfect hybrid for field and 3D...

7. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

i switched from a wb to a qad ultra rest. the wb isnt as quiet as you think it would be and you have to be careful how you place your arrow in it or it can ruin fletches. you also have to go with a shorter fletching or it creates havoc with the whiskers. just my personal opinion.

8. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Fall away rest is the way to go no fletching interference

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I like the Bodoodles. I just put a Timberdoodle on my Mission. I can turn my bow almost parallel to the ground before the arrow falls off.....:peace:

10. trussoni

i can hold my bow upside down with my qad and it wont fall out.

11. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Stick w/ Blazers and the WB will give you no fletching problems.

12. trussoni

mine would get loud when the weather got bad or if anything at all (ice dirt whatever) was on the shaft. dont get me wrong its a good rest and does the job its supposed to do i just feel the qad is a better rest. i was totally sold on the wb until about the third time i replaced the whiskers.

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

mine was $40......:noidea: :biggrin1:

14. trussoni

lmao mine was well okay you got me on that one mine was $120