Bohning Blazer Vanes

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Buckwheat, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

I'm just getting started in building my own arrows. I have decided on using an Arizona E-Z Fletcher jig but I'm not sure how well it will work with Blazer vanes. Any information would be greatly appreciated

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Not sure I've never used that particular jig but I like Blazers quite a bit

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Blazers work just fine with that jig. I ve been shooting blazers for the last two years for hunting and they work great.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I love my Blazers a buddy of mine uses that fletcher I think and it works fine. Good luck and show us some pics when you get some done.:peace:

5. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I have a Arizona jig and use 2 inch blazers on my Gold Tip arrows.
    I buy the 3M super-glue or Loktite gel glue and I have had no bonding issues what so ever, the glue set fast (within 2 minutes) and seems to last alot longer than other glues I have used with lil to no residue.

I did use fletch tite glue (Platinum) and had some bonding issues but not since I switched......

6. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I use goat tuff with blazer and the e-z fletcher from Arizona. It works awsome. I always make sure I clean the vanes and arrows with alochol first to clean them.

7. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Yes, I have heard Goat Tuff works well....
    I just saw the price on it and wanted to see if I could find something a lil cheaper and closer than going to a shop or ordering thru the mail.
    I think the Loktite for me has worked the best and it runs about $2.29 a bottle and I can do over 2 1/2 dozen arrows with it.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Goat tuff is the best! only problem is the white residue it leaves on the arrows... looks a bit sloppy.

Its also excellent for inserts.

9. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

Blazer vanes

Thanks for the advice. This makes my purcahse decision alot easier.