Both eyes open with a lense?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Gator eye, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Does anybody here shoot a lense with both eyes open?

I use to shoot with both eyes open when I was shooting BHFS class but now that I switched to FS and using a 4x lense I am having a hard time seeing with both eyes open. I feel much more steady on the target with two eyes open. I am trying to figure out if it's the lense that keeps me from using two eyes or the smaller peep site I am use with my target rig.

2. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I keep both eyes open with a 4X lens. Sometimes I will partially close my left eye so my right eye can focus on the target, then I open the left eye all of the way. It really depends on the light conditions if I have to do this or not.

You may want to try a clarifier, or a different peep size.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007

3. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I had to go to a clarifier on my 6X when I switched from 4X to 6X. I got the super peep and just decided to keep the clarifier and I shoot alot more accurate with the clarifier.

4. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

What size peep are you using when you keep both eyes open??

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would'nt think a clarifier would be needed with a 4X but then again everybody is different. Try like I do sometimes and wear a cap with the bill over and slightly pulled down just above the left eye. I can keep both eyes open easier when I do this.:noidea:

6. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I can't remember which size it is, but it is the first step above the 1/8" peep. I had to go larger than I wanted to, so the peep would match my scope housing.