Bow hunting regulations...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IChim2, Oct 12, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I never gave it much thought but read that if you are walking to your stand to early or returning to car/trk to late that your suppose to have your bow in some type of case...as in sooner than 1/2 hour after sunrise or later than 1/2 hour after sundown.Anyone know of anyone being warned/told about this.Most of the time i'm in my stand an hour or more before it even peeks day light and if i'm hunting evenings i won't come down till it's pitch dark.

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i do the same. who cares. i dont think many ppl follow them little laws. but then again. i wouldnt want a 500 dollar fine for that.

3. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i know the rules on that differ from state to state... there was a topic on here before about that subject and i think someone got a ticket or warning commin out of the woods late. im sure they will post and chime in.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I'm glad they don't have that law here. :amen:

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Nope!

Never heard sush a thing!:noidea:
    In va you can walk around the woods any time of night with a bow!
    Coon huntin is legal in our state!:lol:
    Na.If a bow dosnt have a arrow nocked or the cap is off a smoke pole or a gun is empty it isnt considered loaded and can be carried 24/7 in our state!:D

6. TRB

TRB Junior Member

Does anyone know if having the primos sling on your bow at these times count as a case?

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Well!

You need to check YOUR state regulations!:noidea:
    He was talking about the state he hunts in!
    All states have seperate game laws!:biggrin1:

8. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Couldn't find anything about this in the regs, but while reading I came across this. An adult doesn't have to have a drivers licence to operate an ATV off road but if your drivers license is suspended or revoked you can't legally operate an ATV.:noidea:

9. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I don't know about the state i live in but the 1st chance i get i'm going to check on it...if nothing else,just being curious.From what i understand there are states that have this.I guess it's no more nonsence than a state that doesn't allow hunting on Sundays.:noidea:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Not here...
    Never heard of such a thing...:D

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well that makes alot of sense:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

In NY...a minor under the age of 17 can shoot a pistol at a range if the registered owner is present...over 21 you can't handle a pistol w/o a permit...18-20 you can't handle a pistol period...:frusty: :noidea:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:dizzy:
    thats because only 18-20 year olds are the only ones that will get you hurt......:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: