bow questions

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by venturaf87, Jun 17, 2012.

1. venturaf87

venturaf87 New Member

Hi im very new to the archery world. iv been wanting to buy one to get into it and practice but i didn't want to spend to much on a brand new one to get started. i found a guy in my area selling a Hoyt with case bow and accessories. i was just wondering if any one knew what model he had i was trying to do research on it be for i bought one.. thank you for your help i cant wait to get started..

2. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

I don't recognize the exact model of that bow but its probably 20 years old or more. those bows had limited a limited draw length range and not a lot of let-off. I'm not sure what your budget is but I would make sure the draw length was adjustable to yours and I wouldn't offer him much money for it,

oh, and :welcome: to the forum :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

3. venturaf87

venturaf87 New Member

thanks for that imput. Iv been looking at tons diffrent ones and i noticed that the cams looked nothing like the newer ones so thats why i thought i would ask. he was asking 250 for everything in the pic

4. venturaf87

venturaf87 New Member

so i did some more looking and it appears to be a 1990 hoyt proforce. from what i could see one the internet.. seems kinda old.. whats good for starting out i dont have to much money was looking to spend around the 200s untill i build up some skills.

5. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

6. venturaf87

venturaf87 New Member

here is one other guy here in town selling a bowtech anygood?

7. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

yeah that looks like a Bowtech Stalker from 2005 or so. it would make a good bow if you can find the draw length module to get it to fit you. how much does he want for it?

8. venturaf87

venturaf87 New Member

He said its 65-70 lbs and set to 28 1/2 and adjustable. 250... Hard case 13 arrows St epics 400, Broadhead, Fletch hunter release